what chip to buy?

Bio-deisel conversion time!

ooh, congrats :tup:

talk to dozer

lol @ you for buying a vw.

Ask Dozer or Double J.

X…

yeah double j knows his shit.

my father makes his own and there is no conversion needed for his mercedes… turns out to about 68 cents a gallon

:gay: I knew it was only a matter of time.:lol:

that is excellent!

The only VW ill ever buy would be TDI, and for this reason

and my uncle has an old turbo-deisel mercedes that I want soooo badly

I think bigger injectors are one of the first steps to more torque as well.
Where is JJ?

chip, injectors, and do that straight pipe side exhaust exhaust, i was telling you about.

you’ll make a ton of torque.

post this question there

PM me.

where did you find it?
what did you pay?
are they going to dick you on inspections with future mods?

I am totally in the market for one… after Dozr fucking crop dusted me @ Carlizle I wanted one bad.

inspection is just a safety inspection on the TDI’s.

Rocketchip is the ONLY way to go for tuning.

Powerplus 520 nozzles and a tune from RC will get you some real nice power, but you will need to throw a clutch in it sooner than later.

How many miles? Full Timing belt kit should be done before 75k, and again at 140-150k.

Keep AMSOIL European formula 5w-40 in it, change every 9-10k.

Change the Fuel filter every 10k.

Add about 3oz. of a quality diesel additive every time you fill your tank. It helps keep your pump happy… turns any water in the system into alcohol. I recommend stanadyne or amsoil.

There is a “snow screen” in the intake, pre-air filter, make sure its not clogged.

You may want to pull the intake manifold off of the car along with the EGR and clean them, they usually clog with carbon pretty bad until you get your EGR disabled.

The MAF tends to go a lot in these cars, you can tell in VAGCOM logs if it is not performing well, but they can be had remanufactured for about $60.

There is a big FAQ section at http://tdiclub.com/TDIFAQ/

Keep a box of rubber gloves in your car, you will find that diesel pumps are usually not very clean and diesel smells horrible on your hands. Cheapest place I have regularly been around here is Jims on walden.

DO NOT put a K&N or any oiled filter in the car, it will kill your MAF right away.

I cut off my muffler and put on a straightpipe, it sounds cool. I might pull the cat out next.

dozr pretty much killed it. /thread.

Straight pipe that shit, cats aren’t needed for inspection :slight_smile:

Bigger nozzles, and Rocketchip tuning FTW. Don’t fuck with Upsolute. I’ve looked at their tuning/code for 1.8Ts firsthand and know how bad it is. Their TDI code isn’t that much better. Jeff from RC is probably the most respected chiptuner when it comes to overseas guys judging our side of the pond and he’s chill as hell also.

Not to mention Upsolute “STAGEEEEE 3” is a joke for you TDI dudes.

straight piped tdi’s ftw.

and jj got the best mpg on the fuel from the place across the street from the ritz.

Where is that?

Cats are needed for the “visual” during the safety inspection.

Jeffs tuning basically is tuning from overseas, he works closely with the lead tuner at digital racing.