just bought a TDI....

southpark and 20 (southwestern)

wow thanks dozr

the timing belt and water pump were just done, it has 144k on it

I bought it from the original owner, he is retiring, an bought a new maxima, His daily comute was like 60 miles each way to work, synthetic changes since new,

all it needs is brakes, the fender has some paint chipped off and the paint is extremely swirly, it needs an exterior detail bad, but the interior is really clean, ac works, 6 disc, stock fat five spokes,

I already have a Gli front lip, and maybe side skirts as free beez

:word: Switch to BioDiesel!!

You don’t need a car in NYC.

But congrats on the purchase. I’d totally biodiesel that ish

what stage is it?

(you’re not my friend anymore)

Once you do Rocketchip/injectors you could be getting ~60mpg highway and making >250wtq. IIRC the VR6 clutch will do you fine, which you can get for $160 shipped from ECS Tuning.

Nice whip. :tup:

Everyone says you get 60mpg after tuning/nozzles, but its bullshit for most cars. I’ve seen some freaks like spurks, but most of us are getting mid 40’s to low 50’s.

You might get up towards 60 if you really fuck with the timing, never exceed 60mph and are really easy on the brakes and throttle.

Lemme know if it needs a detail, I have a little experience on the jetta’s… :stuck_out_tongue:

I love how everyone tries to promote bio, but most people know nothing about it, or how to make it, or whether or not you need a conversion… lol.

Bio isnt that hard to make, but you need to come up with a system, you need to get constant grease from a restaurant, and ususally they want you to take it all, which is a lot more than you’ll need. You dont need any conversion, but you will need to keep an eye on any rubber in the fuel system, the bio has lots of meth in it which will break rubber down over time. It also might loosen “Sludge” within your fuel system and potentially cause failure or blockages in your injection pump, injectors, etc.

Congrates in the new purchase. :lol: @ the honda boys talking about trq.

yeah I won’t go bio,

I probably won’t detail it til I get my lips put on and repaint the front bumper,

I don’t get the car till tomarrow, can’t wait to start geting mid 40mpg, the civic only gets about 38mpg right now with about 60% around town 40% highway.

should i go stage 2 chip, I plan on putting the chip and nozzles in at the same time, the car does need rear brakes though asap.

sick whip r u still keeping the hatch? gl with the tdi

full exhaust, nozzles, clutch, rocketchip, PROPANE INJECTION!!!

there is a recall on the front fenders, walker just got 2 new front fenders fo freeeeee. go to autohaus, see what they can do.

46.8mpg on my first tank, with ac on and about 40% city driving

TDI ftw

fudge packer…

you didn’t happen to pass up on any deals on your way to buying this one did you?

nice buy, i’ve been looking into Diesels and Bio-Diesel stuff since i first did a project on it for my alternative fuels project in small gas engines class my freshman year in highschool.
just a quick question, and sorry for it being off topic, but does anyone know how bio-diesels do with performance upgrades? or is that too good to be true?

yeah if you have a 99.5-01 i believe its a recall cause they put a piece of foam between the fender and the liner which would hold moisture then rot the fenders. anyways im lovin my tdi havent put any performance mods into it as most of my spare loot has been goin into the mk1. ive been venting and getting 650-700/tank and i fill up every 3 weeks. if you do nozzles and and chip watch your lead foot or else you will loose out on milage. oh and dont waste your time with the “powerbox’s” they dont work. death to the EGR:shoot:

wow, i don’t know how i missed this thread. dozr gave some spot on advice. my car is currently stock aside from the 2.5" mufflerless cat-back. i don’t plan on doing any mods until spring because i am more concerned with school right now. i am planning on power plus 520 injector nozzles and rocketchip’s euro stage 3 software.

i have been up and down on whether i want to use biodiesel. i just talked to a guy with an old benz that is running it with no regrets. he skips a few steps in the process of making it too, which is tempting, but i have no desire to break my car. i would really rather buy it from a company that can produce it under greater control than what i can do in my garage.

GL with it and enjoy!

What about that new corn gas everyone is talking about??? I hear thats not too hard to convert over to either. Already saw a turbo mustang make over 1000Whp/Wtq. on it. I guess u gotta throw more fuel into the engine than before.

http://www.e85fuel.com/e85101/faqs/e85.php?topic=E85101