VW bought

My close friend just bought a 2002 Jetta TDI. It has ~100k miles if I remember correctly. He drove it back from florida last week and had no problems at all, claiming 49 MPG.

Is there anything he should know about these cars that someone on here can impart to us?

Thanks in advance.

just that diesel > *

Haha I know… after hearing that he could get 50MPG+ and I am struggling with 23 in the scion I wanted to cry.

diesels are terrible for the enviroment, are a little noisy and sometime smoke, however they get insane mpg, and generally last a lot longer than gas engines because the heat levels in the engine are much less

I heard those cars like chips and bigger injectors

they are the anti honda, twice the tq, half the hp

they are the anti honda, twice the tq, half the hp[/QUOTE]

and 65mpg with them too :wink:

:word: That’ll get you more power and better gas mileage. Won’t a Rocketchip and injectors put it around 120whp and around 200 ft-lbs or something like that? Some days I wish my VR was a TDI…

i think its 300-400ft/lbs… i don’t remember.

edit: +30ps and +56Nm

Dozr could probably tell you… That seems a bit high for just a chip and injectors…

That seems a bit high for just chip and injectors… :gotme:

That’s a VW that I don’t have anything bad to say about… :tup:

PM Dozer.

x…

convert it to bio diesel

Did some searching on the vortex…

My RC 3 and big nozzles from Kerma put me at 147whp and 281lbft at the wheels.

Both Upsolute and Rocketchip make chips for the PD. I don’t know what the power output is for the Upsolute, but I’ve seen the Rocketchip dyno’d in a PD and it made 151 HP and 274 lb/ft. That’s with stock injectors, intake, exhaust, everything. Just a chip.
But 2002 is not a PD.

Found a bunch of other threads showing about the same numbers. Looks like a good chip and injectors will put the car at 120-150 whp and 250-300 ft-lbs.

:tup:

Good God, that is an insane amount of torque.

All available under 2K RPMs!! lol

Holy crap. I will tell him about that, haha.

They also like the euro spec turbo

:tup: to gas mileage like that when gas prices are on the move up…

ps: inb4newmanripsonVWs

inb4yourealizenewmangottempbanned