heyyyy whaddaya know, TDI on top of the MPG league!!!! TDI buddyiezz come on in!!!!

The battle of economic technologies is still raging. With car manufacturers clamoring over ways to get their cars’ MPG numbers ever-higher, the constant question of diesel, hybrid, or forced-induction looms. For now, it seems, Volkswagen has the answer. At least according to Consumer Reports, who found in its latest eco-car shootout that the Jetta SportWagen TDI was king.

While CR does admit that the Jetta was the priciest of the four-car shootout — a Fiesta, Mazda2, and the new CR-Z were also tested — the consumer-oriented publication claims that it offered the greatest balance of comfort, driving characteristics, and mileage.

On that last point, under the control of CR’s testers the TDI Jetta was able to squeeze 36 mpg overall, with an amazing highway rating of 49 mpg. This overall number proved to be one higher than the CR-Z’s, which helped the SportWagen claim the top spot.

http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/volkswagen_news/article_2828.shtml

TDI buddyiezz

someday I will own a TDI… but its looking like it may be a long ways off… lol. My next purchase (once everything gets settled in with the new house) will be a MK4 TDI Golf… mmmm

love tdi’s…i will buy a diesel when somebody starts making a hybrid diesel-electric car. cant wait for that!

Love tdi, hate tdi warm up in winter

new tdi’s have electric heater cores.

plus MINE WILL NO LONGER BE AN ICLE, THANKS TO TERRY AT FROSTHEATER.COM!!!

This! TDI FTW!

getting a tdi is slowly creeping up on my next car list. seem to be good cars. i just know NOTHING about them. whats the best year to look at? lia has a nice white 2010 6spd tdi jetta wagon w/24k on it for $22K. good deal?

Love TDI. May be the perfect DD.

The newer ones came with electric heaters, and seem to get good MPG after some miles. Seems diesels get BETTER with mileage.

maybe Pete can set up a TDI circle jerk?!??!

you are just jelous both your vehicles get less than 20mpg… you waste sooooooo much money on fuel and nos you slug

FrostHeater FTW!

limp bizkit

my camaro gets high 20’s on the highway fucker and its faster then both your Vehicles combined.

why didn’t they test the insight or the prius? seems kind of odd considering both would have done better than the tdi.

Because both those cars cant get out of their own way

Nope cuz combined they trap 204mph… Your cameo and jeep do not do that. So I win and I get over twice as much highway mpg then your cameo

The tdi will get better mpg highway then the insight or pruis… It’s beeen tested several times.

lollllllllllllL you come up with some dumb shit peta

LMAO!! :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

TDI <3