Vegistroke - My truck is running on WVO

I converted my truck last night with a Vegistroke kit, so it could run on straight vegetable oil… not biodiesel.

The kit was very complete. Very nicely prepared. Went in without a hitch.

Started the install @ 9:30pm last night and was driving to McDonalds before 4:00am on vegetable oil.

So, now I’m looking for a local source for some decent oil… free is best, but I’m currently paying for filtered oil. I have several hundred gallons at my house.

Pics will be up sometime during the week… I have too much stuff going on this weekend to host/post them.

PICS:

Parts of the kit

The manifold

The tank before I finished wrapping the lines and attaching them to the tank.

I might get some final pics up tomorrow. I didn’t have time when I installed the kit… and I haven’t had much time since.

whats the mpg’s?

Do you still need regular Diesel or straight veggie?

Do you have to run on veggie all the time or can you use diesel if you need gas asap?

answered.

2 tank system.

I’m rocking the stock 36 gal diesel tank and a 60 gallon veggie tank.

I can run diesel full-time if I want.

MPG might go down by 1 or 2 mpg. We’ll see.

Loaded with diesel and veggie I can travel over 1500 miles without needing to refuel.

Impressive, can’t wait to see pics!

:clap: congrats on the conversion… becareful when “collecting” oil they can nail ya pretty good if you get caught.

Veggie will result in a low MPG since its not as powerful. But the upside it doesn’t run as rough it should be much smoother. The smell is also greatly improved. You can also mix veggie and diesel and switch from tank to tank whenever you want to.

The only reason one would run diesel is to heat up the veggie oil make it less viscious.

Jack one thing you will have to look out for is the filters… they collect a lot of water… so stock up on about 5-10 of them at a time. And be extremely conscious of any kind of water going in… they filters plug up quick.

What kind of gauges do you have to monitor your system? Is it manual or automatic?

glad to hear ya got it going!!!

sweet. I can’t wait to see pictures.

you can actually be fined by the government because you are not paying road tax which is included in gasoline prices.

fucked up, i know.

if you have any questions, most of my friends have been running on WVO for years.

you can also get fined for using heater oil as fuel since its not taxed. having over 100 gallons of methanol in your garage and not reporting it, and making more than X amount of gallons of biodiesel.

So whats the big deal, everyone does it. Just fly under the radar

so fucking money

pics when you get a chance, very interested to see this :slight_smile:

another truck that depends on fat people… great.

America! FUCK YEAH!

http://www.dieselcraft.com/oilentry_wvo.html
cleans and dewaters in one easy step with no filters.

Nice I considered the Greasekit for my Jetta but just wanted to stay away from running straight WVO in the car… Awesome though hope you like it!

:tup:

I always thought it would be cool to run grease but losing a lot of trunk space sucks

Very cool :tspry: