Vegistroke - My truck is running on WVO

Sweet good to know.

First and foremost… sorry about not having pics yet. Way too much going on this weekend.

Secondly… this fucking kicks ass.

Right now, I have all the oil I need for the next 5-6 months. Its all water free. I have a case of 1 micron Donaldson filters which also remove water if need be. I’m hoping to find local free sources, at which point I will go with a dieselcraft centrifuge.

Because I’m still using #2 diesel to start and shut down the truck, they are getting taxes from me. More taxes than they were when I was running offroad fuel from the rez :slight_smile:

Do they want to sell oil? I’m looking for a closer source. I’d like to check out their systems… see what they might be doing differently.

Just ditch the spare tire. The money you save on oil will pay for your AAA membership. You can fit more than enough in greasecar’s spare tire tank to get you by.

this (cost efficiency) is one of the large reasons that I’d like to grab a TDI jetta.

fuck yea.

very cool!

whats the kit run price wise???

they are in rochester. i dont think they have alot of oil to spare now that they all bought trucks. the one guy im buddies with as well as lasky, his name is sean and he built his own kit for his GM 6.5L. i think its in a 99 gmc/chevy. tank in the bed, heat exchanger in the tank, tube inside a coolant hose ran from the front to the back and a electric heater before the injection pump for real cold days.

he just gets his oil from local restaurants and filters it himself with filter bags and a stand and a jug.

runs both his truck and his/his wifes benz diesel wagon on it.

Brian

This kit was $3200. As of today, I have about $6000 tied up into everything, including 6 months in oil.

Before yesterday I was spending $600 per month in fuel.

When you do the math, the kit was worth it. Some of you will think I’m crazy after reading that, cause I could have bought a 32mpg Honda with that much… but a Honda can’t fit 6 comfortably and still pull a double wide behind it.

fixed

My uncle owns the 3 Pasquales restaurants, IDK what they do with their oil when they’re done with it, but next time i see um i’ll ask um about it for ya

we have a guy that comes to our pizzaria to collect out oil so he can filter it for his car. just go to family owned places and most wont care if you want to take there oil. just about a year ago the company who pickes it up use to bill us, now its just free pick up bc alot of people want it

That’d be great man. If I could get 3 solid restaurants, I think I’d be set.

im sure they have a contract with buffalo bio diesel or something to that effect… just take a drive by and if you see the barrels… then there should be a label on them.

Buffalo Bio is a joke.

Nobody seems to know what the hell they are doing over there, and they want $0.41 per pound for oil.

They do want my oil guy’s information so they can buy filtered oil at my price… then they said they would match it. I’ll see what I can do.

trust me, you do not want to do this with a VAG TDi. Check out tdiclub.com for reasons why.

^ as long as the Car is not a PD jetta its ok.

Thats a local WVO TDI FS

EDIT: http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/812861113.html

I added pics to the first post… but can’t edit the title… to show that there are pics.

I’ve gotten over 400 miles on oil so far… no problems at all.

cool project man. What does the exhaust smell like?

no shit, which one was your uncle? It used to be a partnership didn’t it (maybe around 10 years ago)?

[quote=Dr.Stevil;1067731]cool project man. What does the exhaust smell like?quote]

French fries, doughnuts, pretty much wherever you got it from. I friend of mine use to run it in his old Dodge, and hanging around the truck, after a wile you wanted FF.

I believe you pass me on county rd / North French in the morning. The truck looks and sounds great. Makes me want to upgrade.

Yup. Right now it smells like the fair, it has all sorts of sources. I’d like to run a batch of only french fries and see what happens…

Yup, thats me. You in the S-10 or something different? Thanks, BTW.