Rust Repair body shops

yep, the old cave N pave!

welcome to 75% of the northeast “body shops”. If CRC in its new location was going to do body repair work I wouldnt even be offering cheap rust repair options like grind N fill’s. I used to spend alot of time explaining to the customers why it isnt a good idea and that their $500 bill now will come right back through in 2 week, 2 months or 2 years depending on their luck and luck alone, then they will realize why the proper job costs $900 instead of $500. And all it takes is some arrogant prick customer who doesnt listen, is a cheap fuck and runs his mouth “Man CRC cant even fix a simple rust problem, they ripped me off, cant do anything right…” fuck that.

Want to know why that cheap job happens all the time, and is probably what PJB’s buddy did to him… Based on my personal (and i dont fancy myself a body guy) times.

Civic rear 1/4 cancer fix:

Grind 5min, skim with filler 5min, block 20min, spot prime 10min, block10 min, base 30min, clear 30min: total labor could be done in 1.5hrs. $500 invoice $333/hr

Cut out rust 20min+, template for patch 10min+, form patch 40min-Xhours, weld in patch 30min-Xhours, grind and hammer n dolly to stretch the metal 30min-hours, seal back side 10min+, filler 30min+, block 50min-hours, prime 10min, base 30min, clear 30min: 4.56hrs VERY CONSERVITIVLY THINKING $900 invoice $197/hr

And if you dont do the same cars, same panels, day in and day out you arent going to be production fast so if you give a lick of shit about your quality and long term results your not rushing any step.