Rust Repair body shops

Any recommendations? Im a fan of Harts but apparently they don’t do rust repair.

anyshop that say they can repair those 1/4’s without cutting out and making a patch panel to weld yet sells you on the repair like its never coming back in is not a “rust repair body shop”… they dont care if it comes back on you in 6 months because they got paid.

You need to understand the repair, what it takes to do it right, and feel out the person your asking to make the repairs for you to be confidant they are on the same page as you are. Its like breaking your leg and interviewing Dr’s. anyone can slap a cast on your stub, doesn’t mean they dont give a shit 10 years later when ya cant walk.

Call Eric 355-2579 he can fix it right, or fix it cheap (no metal replacement) for a short term solution if that fits your needs.

I can do it real cheap the right way with new metal… Let me know

I got fucked on some rust repair and it came back in a month and a half.

The only thing I will say is you get what you pay for. This is esp true for bodywork.

Where did you take your truck pjb?

if you’re talking about the bedsides… I would love to go back to the probably long winded thread i posted about your inquiry on how it should be repaired vs how they did it. I would put money on they ground the rust off the surface till it looked clean skimmed it and painted it. Or they weld with their eyes closed and had a ton of pinholes and pockets to trap moisture.

I had a family friend do it for me on the side at his work. He said he was replacing sections of metal but apparently didn’t.
I wish my truck was made in '05 because there’s a recall about bed rust that covers '06’s made in '05 but mine was made in 2/06

pop the splash shield and look up behind it. if they replaced metal it will be evident.

So PJB, what body shop should we be staying away from?

No splah shields and it was a Honda dealer

look down south, you can probably find a clean, never seen salt, bed for 6-800 bucks

I’ve thought about that. Or I might just get flares and call it a day

Harts is my go-to. Alex and Chris do great work for me every time, but yeah he doesn’t like messing with rust, I think he has enough business coming through the doors that he doesn’t want to dick around with fixing rot for pennies on the dollar.

Yea you are the one that put me onto harts and he seems like a really good guy did some nice work for me at a very fair price.

you definitely can but a lot of the yards i found would not ship the bed.

Id just take a long weekend and drive down. It would cost more to ship than its worth and then theres a big damage risk.

I would drive the truck down without a bed on it, and just bring the bolts and tools. pop it on there and drive off rust free for another 2-3 northeast years. lol

exactly

If you want to do that LMK, ill paint them and install them for you.