Biodiesel. YOU NEED TO READ THIS AND GET PISSED OFF.

Think of all the money we export to the middle east for oil. A LARGE portion of that money could be given to US farmers instead. This would eliminate expensive farming subsidies and generate HUGE amounts of tax dollars.

It would greatly reduce our dependence on foreign oil. It would be far cheaper than regular gasoline. It would be less harmful to the environment, and its from a renewable resource instead of a finite one like fossil fuels. It would take billions of dollars out of the hands of terrorist states.

And unlike all the other alternative fuels, any diesel engine can run it with small modifications.

WHY THE FUCK ARENT WE DOING THIS?

please go to this site and read up a little bit on this. THe PDF files under “BASIC” are excellent.

This is a cure to SO many ills.

yep, but do you have a diesel engine?

few cars have them, and most people dont want to buy them because of the noise factor and stuff… and till people start wanting them, they arn’t going to be appearing in cars anytime soon… we’ve been on gasoline forever now and it’s not exactly that easy to switch everyone over… it’s something thats going to take some years and higher gas prices to get

and where the heck at do you even buy this fuel at in pittsburgh now?

the best bet is to jump onthe bandwagon… you know, like all those solar paneled houses out there.

I’m too lazy to read today. Is there anything about cost to refine compared to cost of gasoline?

damn i’m soo uncool for missing that bandwagon

oh, i should add i do think biodiesel is an awesome idea, and i would enjoy being able to grow my own fuel… but till a favorite gas station starts serving it, and the engines are easy to get, i’m staying gas powered

I dont have a diesel engine, but every big rig you see on the road does. If every big rig burned biodiesel, we wouldnt need a drop from the middle east.

I’m sure rallying for this cause on pittspeed will change the world.

biodiesel makes your car smell like frenchfrys and donuts

darkstar you are a trader, if you hate the us and the us ways move the fuck outta of the us,im sure we wont miss you, ill even pay for your one way ticket, im sick of you posting this antiamerican bullshit

the US imports ~ 12 million barrels per day

12 million x 365 = 4.3 trillion barrels per year

4.3 trillion year x $60 barrel = ~ $240 trillion dollars

if the US can cut that number in half (which would eliminate the need for middle east oil), then not only would we not be pumping trillions of dollars into terrorist islamic theoracries, we’d be putting an extra 120 trillion dollars or so into the hands of american farmers.

thats also an extra 120 trillion in taxable revenue. not to mention the end of uber expensive farming subsidies.

I’m not saying that normal commuter cars all need to be biodiesel sucking slow ass buckets. Just the commercial fleet, pick up trucks, and certain commuter cars.

It would also have a huge impact on the environment. Biodiesel doesnt have any sulfer (bye bye acid rain). It produces 50% less smog. And its more efficient than diesel so you’ll get way better mileage.

Its not a bandwagon, its the obvious, simple, all encompassing answer to Americas energy woes.

ignorance is the enemy that we have to fight. Enlightemnent is my sword. and by sword, I mean my cock in your mouth.

you’re a fucking idiot. I’m anti-american because I want american farmers to grow the fuel that powers your car instead of having to buy it from terrorist countries like Iran?

get a fucking clue.

edit: god you’re fucking stupid.

That may be the worst argument in Pittspeed history. He wants to keep more of OUR money in OUR country by having OUR farmers use corn and whatever else to make biodiesel. I’m not saying its a great idea or not, but it is a Pro-American idea. WTF are you talking about.

I’ve read a couple of things on Biodiesel. Apparently it is alot better off and alot more useful than that e85 ethanol bullshit that GM and Ford are trying to push.

I’ve read that in most diesel engines there are no modifications to be made to the engine. I’m still pretty ignorant on teh subject though, I haven’t read a whole lot about it.

:love:

thank you. Snow white faggot is retarded.

Biodiesel can be made from several things, from algae ponds to corn to soybeans. Here in OC is the chicken capital of the US. So theres tons of chicken feed (soybeans) grown around here. They can make biodiesel from the soybean waste that isnt used for food. They are building a plant right now. So they’re making fuel from stuff they normally would throw away. In fact, the biodiesel is actually making money off procuring its main ingredient.

please, read up on it. The link I posted earlier is EXTREMELY enlightening.

Yes this is the truth we need to stop depending in foreign oil it is getting out of control these gas prices are getting higher.

Btw has anyone seen that Audi is running a biodiesel at the 24hours at Lemans this year audi said that lemans was too easy

:bowrofl:

This is Pittspeed. Nobody here is trying to save the world. If you feel this strongly, start writing to your senator or maybe the white house. Hell, go and run for a public office.

Until then feel free to excuse yourself from your computer. Go back to your bed room, smoke your bowl of reefer, and go back to thinking Jon Stewart would make an ideal president. Your “Daily Show” interpretation of public office and policies are growing insanely tiresome.

kthnxbye

http://www.choicesmagazine.org/2003-3/2003-3-03.htm

“Although both federal and state policy outlooks remain favorable, and much optimism exists among agricultural groups, present costs of producing biodiesel exceed petrodiesel by $0.20-0.50/gal.”

I only looked one place though.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: