What do you guys do to fall asleep?

Do you sleep on your stomach, side, back, take tylenol PM or get hammered before you go to bed?

Reason I ask is because I sleep on the floor on my back, but cant sleep for longer than 6-7hours. I take some of my muscle relaxors before bed but cant get a full 8 hours. I was taking ambien but believe it or not it doesnt do a damn thing anymore. Tylenol PM was treating me good until I got an ulcer in my stomach so acetamenaphen and anti-inflammatories really do me know good here unless I wanna shit blood.

Whats your before sleep ritual?

step 1: lay down on comfy bed
step 2: situate my blanket
step 3: close eyes

Not everyone needs 8 hours.

The best sleep helper I’ve found was having a kid. They keep you running around enough that as soon as your head hits the pillow you’re out cold. :slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure when she was 2 months old I could sleep on a gravel driveway in the snow.

I read before bed…then my eyes get really tired… i make sure my bed is comfty and fluffy and go to bed… i like getting 8 hours…sleep <3

sex?

if i cant sleep… J.O. then try again… if no dice then i eat… and eat alot… then i go for a motorcycle ride and listen to my ipod… then i come home and J.O. and try to sleep again…

or drink a couple beers…

replace motorcycle with F-body and this should also apply to Pat and Jeremi.

I used to date a chick with a kid and that was horrible (for my sleeping)! The thing is, I have to sleep on my back for medicinal purposes.

When I had my bikes or would bang through my notch it would only want to keep driving more.

Its 10:34 AM and I’m pounding beers with my medication to fall back asleep, is that a problem???

Spank it and that will put you right out…

I sleep on my stomach with now pillow under my head but one over it kinda like im smothering myself lol.

melatonin ftw

benadryl / thread

i have a script of loratadine so I dont take benadryl, never really worked for me

Funny you should ask, I just started taking Ambien CR.
I haven’t slept well in about 20 years.
Now I sleep like a baby bear on a log.
Ambien = Best invention ever.

yea ambien worked great for me at first, but now it just makes me trip out

my pain management doc appointment cost me up the ass so im lookin for a decent remedy

edit: 5 beers and 3 somas in at 10:56am and still cant sleep :bloated:

LOL ambien is a blast to stay awake on… it gets really really weird

EXACTLY!!! That shit makes me feel like im 13 again eatin shrooms in the woods with my friends

lately i’ve been reading the “Plane on a Conveyor” thread and just cry myself to sleep.

I lay down, close my eyes and fall alseep normally pretty much within the first 5mins

Most of the time I read before I goto bed, I suppose that helps

lol@ willy using J.O.

well sex works well. or in will’s case a good right hand spank-athon

heres things you SHOULD NOT DO before bed:

1. avoid sugary foods/greasy foods/ foods that are hot/ or anything that will cause your stomach to work harder(keep you awake)
  2. dont smoke at least 1-2-3 hours b4 bed(that is, if you do) b/c the nicotine is active in your blood and keeps you up.
  3. avoid watching TV/CPU in the dark, it will strain ur eyes, keep you awake
    3.try not to think about tomorrow(insecurity will keep your brain active/unable to sleep)

hope htis helps.

That is funny!!!
Last night I took one and didn’t go to bed right away and I felt drunk.
My wife was like, “What is the matter with you”?
I just started laughing.:biglaugh: