Night Cap ideas

If you have a hard time getting to sleep, what do you do?

beer usually puts me to sleep. not alot but 2 or 3

typically, fap.

or read, visit nyspeed just to realize there havent been any new posts, re-make my bed so the sheets are all taut, try to pee, check the fridge to see if any food has magically appeared since last time I checked.

seems like these are most of the things I do when avoiding homework. lol.

Ok, I just watched Penn and Teller’s “Bullshit” sleep episode.

The conclusion was to stay away from alcohol & caffeine, don’t eat a big meal before bed, get into a regular sleep routine, exercise, sleep in a very dark room and if that doesn’t work after 30 mins you should move to another room and read for 20 mins and try again.

They also concluded that sleeping pills are really bad for you and do not actually help you sleep.

Likewise a better mattress is not going to help either. The recommendation was to buy the cheapest most comfortable mattress you can find.

Oh, as a side note: getting less than 8 hours of sleep a night is healthier than getting more than 8. The sleep doctor they interviewed actually suggested 5-7. And to not take naps.

Interesting. Some of that information is contradictory to my methods. I do agree to stay away from caffeine and sleeping pills. I also agree that exercise and a dark room are beneficial but alcohol used to be my main method of getting to sleep. So is a comfy bed…well sofa. My couch is more comfortable than my ex’s Tempur-Pedic(which I think is a crock of shit, I hated that thing). So I sleep on my couch instead, usually it knocks me right out. I guess even doctors don’t know what they’re talking about.

fap

Glad to hear that, I’ve been averaging 4-5 hours a night for the last two years.

the gf always takes benadryl when she cant sleep

http://www.licoresjaco.com/images/PATRON%20SILVER.jpg

i drank this all night last night and i slept like a baby

beat off or take an ambien

I agree and disagree with this. It should vary depending on the physical output of the person. But regardless, I normally get about 6 or so

:pimp:, couple beers, enough food to make me full

Wine, red in nature. Couple glasses of merlot, I’m watching a movie under my eyelids in no time.

This insomnia shit has to go. Fortunately I found a bit of vodka so hopefully I’ll be sleeping like a baby in a few minutes.

Does anyone remember Morton Downey Jr? Just for shits I read his Wikipedia page. I had absolutely no clue he started out as a singer and songwriter, I grew up in his loudmouth era. How strange.

A good game of nightcrawlers should tire you out in no time.

Or huff gasoline :confused:

Watch TV

fap, red wine, read. I have to do one of these three things if not all of them, because i love watching tv to fall asleep but the tv actually keeps me awake so i gotta do somethin to make me tired.

fap can make you restless- here’s what i do-

Lay down, even if i cant sleep, i close my eyes, and count to 10- slowly in my head. Everytime a number is said/thought, i picture a part of my body falling asleep and relaxed. 1 is my feet, 2 is the legs, 3 is the stomach, 4 is the jaw (usually you dont even know your clenching it) and so on , until you hit 10 , you tell yourself your fully relaxed, and im usually out within 10 minutes of that.

either try that or just smoke a bowl

Yup… The first 2 are my normal if I can’t sleep.

Only way I can fall asleep to TV is if I’m COMPLETELY exhausted.