Which MAF sensor should I use on my SR20DET?

This might sound like a noob question but I have been getting mixed responces on this so I thought I would ask you guys to see if any one has ran into the same problem.

Right now Im running a SOHC MAF sensor on my SR20DET black top. It runs fine but we are suspectiong there might be a problem with it because it seems like there might not be enough air going to the turbo at times.

Here is my question:

Considering I have stock injectors right now which is better for horsepower and which one would be able to handle a slightly bigger injector size?
1). SOHC MAF sensor
2). Stock SR20DET MAF Sensor?

And please don’t answer Z32 MAF sensor I have one already, I was going to run 550cc injectors but I change my mind I want to run the biggest injector possible without having to change the stock ECU and get into tunning etc.

That’s my other question what is the biggest injector I could run without changing ECU and tunning etc. ?

hey dude, i believe that you can’t just run a bigger maf or bigger injectors without getting a tune. And even if you could, I wouldn’t suggest it. It’s always good to get it tuned. If you just want to run a bigger maf with stock injectors, then you can do it with an safc, and make sure you set the hotwire correctly. I’m not sure how much effect it would have power wise though. What turbo are you running? the gt2871r still?

i would suggest you just getting a maf from a sr its self to give you the best afr. what it comes with stock is the best nissan can do.

if your looking for more hp. and upping your s**t then a z32. but that is not the answer you want.
check sliperysilvia im sure he can hook u up with a nice sr maf.

dont want to jack your thread either. but im also lookin on how i can get about 300-315rwhp with stock internals. i knoow sr’s have the potential. just need the leading way.

anyways…sorry if i was no help LOL!

To make 300-315whp on stock internals is easy. Bigger turbo, injectors, bigger MAFS. Even with the disco potatoe nissan performance mag made like 270whp IIRC

And the SOHC and SR maf are the exact same thing just different plugs

I believe that the part numbers are different though. Konvo, I want about 300whp too. Anyone know if it’s possible on a stock turbo with upgraded Maf and Injectors? I have an exhaust and intercooler.

The 370cc injectors the engine came with.

Right now Im running a GT2971R turbo with a the a Greddy front mount intercooler and right now my SR20DET is running off a SOHC MAF sensor from m y old KA !!! Anyway all I want to do is run slightly bigger injectors without having to go with a Z32 MAF because I don’t want to get into tunning etc. this summer. … Yeah I actually found something better to spend my money on this summer! …and it’s not strippers!!!..again.

This makes absolutely no sense, what is the point of running larger injectors if nothing else is going to change. Any change in injector size on your ECU is going to require a retune, your not an OBD II where you have some learning leeway. You’ve got a basic ECU that has limited mapping range to work with.

So to answer your question the biggest injector you can run on your OEM ECU without a retune or S-AFR/AFC is your OEM injectors.

your running a turbo that flows ~ 3x the stock CFM and your running without a tune. and OEM sized injectors… and who told you this was a good idea?

It sounds like your looking for someone to justify your lazy tuning/build ethics rather looking for the RIGHT answer,( you know the one you don’t want to hear… ), With this in mind I know exactly what you’ll be spending your cash on this summer… a rebuilt motor…

John, what he means is that you should spend your money on a z32 maf + at least 550cc injectors + an safc(since you probably are not going to spend the cash on a standalone) and go get it tuned by dan.

… with his turbo upgrade he should be running a tuned ECU or piggyback minimum… Along with larger injectors, an AFPR and a higher capacity FP.

This was the plan, I already have a Z32 maf and the 550cc injectors, I have not installed them they are for sale if anyone is interested… I was even going to go with a power FC but things changed. Right now I just want to avoid going through the tuning. Just make a litte extra power and keep the car reliable without having to keep tunning and re tuning all the time. This year Im putting all my money towards my business and if that goes as planned then… bye bye SR20 Hello RB26! :wink:

I think you are missing the point though. With the turbo that you installed on the engine you NEED to have bigger injectors, retune, and MAF to run it properly. Even at 10psi youll probably near the limit of the stock injectors.

As BAS said you simply cant go to a bigger injector without retuning the car anyways so you have no option other that putting a stock turbo back on or not boosting the car at WOT.

Yep… if budget is a concern and is preventing you from doing proper tuning, pull the bigger turbo off and put the T25 back on.
You’ll thank yourself later.

not to put to fine a point on this… but… I can’t believe you have over 2300 posts and your this oblivious to this basic concept.

Your not willing to do the work or spend the money to do it… then stop wasting bandwidth, when your not een going to take the advice offered.

Im not oblivious to the basic concept I know what I wanted to do to my SR I was simply asking a question to see if there is an other way to get a few extra horses without going to the extreme like I have planed. That’s all! If there is!!! Great !!! if not then I will stick to plan (A) 550cc injectors, Z32 MAFS, power FC and tuning.

…And wasting bandwith is when you rant on someone instead of helping solve a problem or answer a question. The advice given is what I was going to do in the first place.

Anyway… thanks for all the help guys, I guess I will stick to plan (A).

Im not oblivious to the basic concept I know what I wanted to do to my SR I was simply asking a question to see if there is an other way to get a few extra horses without going to the extreme like I have planed. That’s all! If there is!!! Great !!! if not then I will stick to plan (A) 550cc injectors, Z32 MAFS, power FC and tuning.

…And wasting bandwith is when you rant on someone instead of helping solve a problem or answer a question. The advice given is what I was going to do in the first place.

Anyway… thanks for all the help guys, I guess I will stick to plan (A).