Who races at the track?

Auto-Sickness i like it!!! cmon bill do it and run 7s

I’ve taken my street bike to the track…

This summer I plan to take my car to the track twice…once stock and the next time after I go stage 2, just to see the changes in time.

I plan to do a lot of nyspeed track days for sure though!

I’ll be there with my new goodies. Lower 7’s this year.

going to break out the big stall???

:slight_smile:

what are you guna be runnin sherm?

I use to go to NYIRP just about every week for 2-3 years… but I got bored… so I moved on the autoX, then track days… At this point I just use it as a cheap dyno to see how much mods to my car have helped.

i go to NYIRP all the time. its 12 min from my house. :slight_smile: i used to autox all the time in college. it was fun but its too much of a hassle for me to get up and drive far to run.

Brian

I’d go if the track was closer to me,i would probaly go alot.

well its good to see i wont be alone!.. Bill, every time i went out there, tech consisted of “what will you run?” lol… in fact last time i went there, people were going down the track with vert tops down… most relaxed track i have ever seen. Lancaster can be anal though for some reason.

I want my car to run 10.99 cam only…

So I am building it towards that goal…What it will actually run who knows…

I wanted to run 11.99 stock internals…Which it would have pulled off last year but it broke a few passes before I got it there…

NYIRP is a relaxed track? since when?

The track is great, but living on LI there is nothing really close. Englishtown is a great track and the closest to here but at 2 hours away it’s not that close.
We take it to the streets sometimes. I gotta stop though because they can take your car away down here if you get caught running someone.

You’ll do that eeeeeeezzzzzzzzz i wanna see 10.8

Sherm, first on to 11.99 gets a beer :gotme: lol…Im just hoping to go at least a 11.99too.

every time i have ever gone… tech inspection has always been a joke… they ask what will you run, show them your helmet, they write a number on your car. My buddy brought his mid 12 sec Foxbody up there toward the end of last season, he didnt have a helmet, but they let him run anyway. Also, like i said before, one night there was a green mustang vert going down the track a few times with the top down, and a few F bodys with the T tops off, windows down etc, i have never seen that at a track before :smiley:

o/t… F body guys, what do you guys think my car has in it as far as times? 420-430 rwhp, BMR adj tq arm, BMR weld in subframe connectors , Sphon rear control arms, drag springs, adj Qa1’s on all corners, moser 9" rear end and M/T slicks and skinnies on drag lights. Its a 6sp car and i would consider myself a good driver

Thats weird…I got bitched out about not having a helmet…Choko got yelled at multiple times for no cage…along with johnny5…

About what your car should run…stock weight? What cam are you running? stock heads? What gears?

If you have the 231/237 and stock heads and pretty much full weight…probably high 11s?

when i went trapping 141+, all they asked was “do you have nitrous or anything?”, i said “nope, hoping for some 11’s”. i was literally at the tree 2 minutes later. they didnt bother me all night, and it was a dead night.

this past year was a GN club track rental, so obviously my car stood out. i was warned before i even ran. didn’t matter anyways because the car was having issues, but i was limited to gayth miles the whole time

That track sounds like fun. Haha

As far as your car… hmmm i would say mid-low 11’s. Guessing you are full weight.

now that i think about it, i dont think the track even noticed what i was running. on my very last run of the night, my tranny was BEAT. wouldn’t let me in 2nd, but i said fuck it and got back in it. ran 13.2 @ 132 lol. the announcer goes “wow, and that camaro must have had a big shot of nitrous or something, ran a 132”, lol. that was the lowest one of the night. soo, i guess it just depends on the day

NYIRP is about as relaxed as you can get… go to a track like E-Town and you’ll know what I’m saying…

with that said, I’ve been kicked out of NYIRP for disobeying the kid who sprayed the burnout pits with water.

they just sort of randomly enforce rules as they feel like it.