Who races at the track?

yeah NYI is like a girl on the rag or something… i know exactaly what your talking about. They dont bother you and then all of a sudden some douchebag was threatening to kick me out because i was making my tires smoke in the burnout pit (i was driving my friends fox, with M/T’s on it)… staging guy bitched, then some dude on an ATV on the return road bitched. I get back up to the line, pull into the burnout pit, spin them quick to get the crap off, I look over, some kid in a V6 Mustang is giving a smoke show, and no one is saying a word… go figure

But yeah, mid - high 11’s is what i was thinking also, car is full weight.

They were probably pissed about you being in the burn out box and doing a burn out…I would guess not far enough on it.

I wouldn’t get jaded by internet numbers…I haven’t seen many full weight 6spd cars run better then high 11s…around here.

I’d be happy to be in 12s NA after my new setup.

I didnt go much last year im going to shoot for once a week this season if the car holds up. Hoping for 6’s in the 1/8 10.5’s in the 1/4

6,s now thats movin

I went ~6 times this past year, got yelled at for running slicks and no loop. They let me run that day, didn’t try it again. Other than that I have not had any problems at nyi.

NYI is more strick with the faster cars.

I was booted for no cage/harness/safety crap.

Both NYI and Lancaster are going to be full tech in 2008, id bet on it.

50/50

Lancaster…took my Dakota R/T there once, never bothered with the Mustang.

NYI I took the Mustang to once and will be going back for sure this year. im aiming for low 13s but would realistically be happy with anything better than a 13.99

You were probably doing your burnout before the cars ahead of you had gotten their green light, a big no-no. It can disrupt the concentration of the guys who are leaving on the tree ahead of you. I’ve seen that happen many times.

I dont think anyone should be mad at any track for not letting somebody run if you cant pass tech.It would sure suck for them if somebody got injurded and they didnt tech them correctly.I bet there would be a big lawsuit.I understand it sucks that when you get there and want to race and you cant,but as i look at it the rules are there for a reason.Usually they will let you slide the first time and tell you to fix the problem before you come back again.I love beeing able to goto lancaster because it is so close,it would suck if they did close.

I usually go to NYI twice a month. I am hoping to dip into the 11s this year. If not I will have to put the nitrous kit on that is sitting in my garage.

I do Tuesday’s at Lancaster for TT, try to make all the MOM’S race’s at NYI-huge street car crowd & I do 6 wkd’s a yr at TMP for OSCA:pimp: TMP HOOKS:tspry: They’re on par w/Norwalk for track prep.

nah, i waited for the signal, im always concious of my track etiquette… they just had sand in their vag’s for some reason that day