Who races at the track?

Anyone else go to the dragstrip? Im not a big “street racer” after being in an accident. I will run on the occasion that i come up next to something interesting, but i dont really go looking for it. I go to lancaster some tuesdays and try to make it out to NYI once a month or so… who else prefers the track?

:sword:

idk, ill be going there alot once the new setup is complete

I ran for the first time this past summer on a track. I really liked it, but my car was nothing impressive to make a pass in. I was hooked instantly though. Still theres not as much fun on the track as there is running random people on the streets.

I bring my car out to NYI occasionally, go out there with some friends. We usually have a pretty good time out there. I haven’t been to lancaster in a few years, the 1/4 mile is so much more fun. Hoping to hit the 12’s next year, last run at NYI was a 13.1 @ 107mph with a lousy 2.0 sixty foot time. Hopefully I will be getting some better traction this season.

lancaster is fun because its close by, i go out there on tuesdays just for fun sometimes… i have been hearing rumors about a 1/4 mile in Angola for a while now, it would be nice to have one there and not have to drive all the way to Leicester. But i will be out there ASAP in the spring, i want to hit mid-high 11’s, i think the car has it in her on my slicks and skinnies :smiley:

lots of people see http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44245

once or twice a year

:wave: I live at lancaster dragway, will be there every Tuesday and Friday once the car is done again. That is assuming it stays open, its been forsale and i’ve heard rumors that if it doesnt sell it wont be open. Then other people say it WILL be open. so who knows.

Dont get your hopes up for the angola track for awhile, i’ve been hearing rumors for 2 years now. Supposedly they are still pulling the idea together looking for more support financially. However it’ll be just as far of a drive as Leicester about 35 miles, maybe just an easier drive taking the 90. Hope it comes together but like i said been hearing alot of talk and not seeing any action.

Mike

:wave:

I feel the same wa as you. I crashed at 100+mph and it gives you a weird feeling of reality when you start creeping up to those speeds.

I’m going to be going to Lancaster this year. I went to NYI a few times last year, just that drive is pretty long, esp when you’re driving the car you’re racing.

I love tuesdays at lancaster. Very low key and relaxed. I have not been to NYIRP in years but would like to make it out there a few times this year. I heard yesterday that the angola thing is on hold for a while. I also heard that lancaster is deffinately opening this year, but might give up the roundy pounders. They were looking to do some cruise nites (poss. shred/reagan) which i think would be cool as shit. Rumor also has it that Reid is out of the picture this year.

I’ll be at the track alot this year, I’ll leave the streets for just cruising the car around.

used to race all time when i had the GN, tried to stay away from that shithole they call lancaster as much as possible tho.

:slight_smile:

^^^I used to think the same thing, but after hearing all the people on here that still go there, I’m gonna check it out this summer…IF they open.

Whats the issue with lancaster??

i raced once.

I’ve done it once but would like to get another go with my new set-up

Used to go to Lancaster on a once a week basis a few years ago, and NYI a few times. These days not so much, Lancaster is not terribly manual friendly sadly. And I’ve moved on towards more twisty venues.

Automatics are fine there, and the return path is a bit bumpy. But besides that it isn’t that bad given the close proximity even if it is a bit haggard looking these days. Can definitely be fun at times.

the first year i had the car i went to NYI alll the time. lancaster a couple times too, although i hate it there, esp with the turbo. the last two years i only went once per to NYI. i’d really like to get out there a lot more. although i’m going to have to get lucky to not get kicked out, i think it really just depends on the night, and who’s checking you in. if i keep the car in the long run, ill cage it for '09, and maybe get an Auto for the track