Who runs OSX86 nativly on their PC?

Where can I download this. There is torrents anywhere from 200mb to 2gb. Anyone have a good torrent for it or a NZB for usenet?

brian, search google for the osx86 wiki. core2duos are obviously supported, but your motherboard and the peripherals built into it might not be. I would look there and see what it says about your setup.

I might still have the iso, let me look and get back to you. If I have it, I will host it.

edit: nope don’t have it

going to bed now. i guess i have something to do at work tomorrow now :slight_smile:

thanks for the advice

this is the one you want :slight_smile:

http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1550545/18626325/

I am trying this on a Laptop now…with Leo4all…It gets to the Mac light blue screen where the install should pop up and its sitting :frowning:

did you run it in verbose mode? What are the specs on the laptop?

Kalaway disc right now is the best one you can use.

Wait for root device you say…

When Partitioning did you select MBR or leave it Apple GUID?

Idk some intel centrino acer…this is with leo4all…

Should I try another install disc? Kalaway?

lol I should of posted back… got it up and running ok. Had to use Kalyway.

using GUID and the vanilla kernel

Well I am downloading Kalaway at a blazing 64kB off Demonoid…ughhhh

Thank god we have a OC48 at work :bloated:

it depends. You can’t boot the installer at all?

when you run the setup, hit -v to start in verbose (it’ll tell you where it’s hanging up at/what the problem is) and if you’re still having problems, try -x to start in safe mode.

let us know what error you’re getting

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.5.2/Portables

You check this out??

Hackintosh’s are 90% motherboard/other hardware

Been specing a desktop build out and wish I could build it now. I was trying to explain to wife the hackintosh thing but she basically said no way in hell to a 2k Mac Pro and understandable when i can build a new system for under 1k which just as good of specs.

Trying with -v now…

This should be fun

I doubt it will work this is a Acer Aspire 3610 :lol: it was kicking around my desk and I was bored…

I bet it’ll work… you might have to do a little monkeying around with it though to get it running. Don’t expect to get it running in the first shot either :smiley: be prepared to install it 5-10 times before ya get the config right.

oh, and just FYI (if you didn’t know already) os wont install on a secondary partition, so if this already has windows on it (and you’re keeping the installation), it will probably give you a hard time.

Trying this again when I get home. Can you install to an unpartitioned space on your drive like you can with Linux or do I need to dedicate a whole drive to it?

Also, any tips to get through the boot process? I left it sitting once in the drive for an hour and it finally got to the OSX screen to install but it seems to hang when it detects my touchpad driver on the main boot screen any other time.

it shouldn’t take an hour to get to that screen in leopard (at least with iatkos or kalyway… might be different with leo4all). You can install on unpartitioned space, as long as it’s using the primary partition. So if the disk is 100% blank, you’ll be fine.

If it has windows (and you want to dual boot it) you have to delete all partitions inside the OSx disc manager, create 2 partitions (one for osx and a second for windows), restart and re-install windows on the secondary partition, then reboot and install osx on the primary, then use GRUB or some other boot manager to dual boot it.

You’d be much better off using a second hard drive or a USB hard drive for this and just change the bios to which you want to boot first (like I did when you picked up spore). I found both copies too so if you need one (kalyway and iatkos) lmk

g/l

Ok thanks. I might just do a dual boot on my hard drive and just repartition it and reinstall vista. Good to know it needs to be on the primary partition. I got the Kalyway dvd so I will try again. Might just need to mess with teh boot options to get it to boot right.

What was your kernel? I looked through to doc and there is quite a few for intel/sse3 but my processor supports SSE4. Anyone better than the other? What about video cards? I have a Geforce 9000 series something. Any suggestions on that?

for the video, just use the nvinject driver included with the DVD.

I used the vanilla kernel, but only because I’m using a core2 chip. If you’re not using a core processor, then use a hacked kernel (which one, I have no idea… check out the osx86 forums). The Kalyway DVD includes like 6 Kernels so one of them should work for you.

Also just a side note, you can install all of the kernels and pick which one you want to load with a command line switch (it’s in the documentation) to at least figure out which one works best before doing a final clean install.

g/l

ha thanks. maybe you will see me posting from my iphone soon with a thread: OMFG WTF JUST HAPPENED TO ME LAPTOP

lol shoot me a pm if ya have any problems. I’ll try to help as best I can