Why is it that...

apparently a club member.

What he said.

I don’t know guys I wouldn’t consider myself cheap by any means but spending ridiculous money on an old car??? Or selling used parts to make 20 bucks?? I don’t understand the mindset. Maybe it’s just me, but I could never justify spending 15,000+ on an old Nissan. I have a 91 240, it’s mint and I’m keeping it stock… and using the money to buy something really nice.

I am sure people will have many pleasant things to say in response to this… but that’s just my opinion on things.

Like a Soarer?
Learn your shit on a cheap car like a 240 before you tackle the expensive cars. You’ll feel like shit if you butcher something that cost you lots of money. Not that you’ll be fine if you do it to a 240, but it’ll be easier to swallow, knowing that a new chassis will cost you very little.

no one plans on spending that much money on it… i sure didnt… but then you get carried away… i MUST go faster… must make MORE power, must get NEW rims, NEW paint, GUAGES GAUGES GAUGES… blah blah blah…

i bet there are tons of people here who never bother to really work out how much they have spent on their cars becuase they are afraid of what they will find.

also keep in mind that the sum of money i consider to have spent on my ‘car’ is actually what i started spending 5 years ago and keep transferring over to subsequent cars.

so sell your 240 and get a civic. it kinda pisses me off that your putting down the 240 saying its not worth your time or money. since when have cars become to old to invest money into.

Spending a lot of money on a car that you love is an amazing life experience , as long as your not in debt, and your living within your means.

I dumped over 28G on my white s13 coupe, over the 3 years i had it offcourse, i don’t regret it at all, i learned a lot.

It wouldnt cost that much to build today, but the value from what i gained from the experience was awesome.

The reason we have so many lowballs, is not cuz people are cheap, is cuz they dont make much money, and the simply say throw a # that they can afford.

When dealing with cheap cars, such as s13’s etc, this is typical of the type of people that we will have within the market.

my 2 cents…

V

I completly agree with varun, finding a car you love and doing what YOU want with it is an awsome experience (thus far for me anyways). I know within the next year or two i will spend multiple thousands of dollars on it, but i can justify that because i dont spend my money on clothes, sports, music, video games etc… my car is pretty much my only source of expence at the moment other then regular spending.

if spent wisely 15,000 into a 240 will be Faster, Better handling and could easily woop most cars 2-3x the price(from factory) in any type of racing.

thats why s14> s13

JOKES, EVERYONE CALM DOWN!

I never “put down” the 240, I am enjoying mine very much by keeping it original and mint. A civic btw is the last car I would ever own. Classic cars that appreciate in value are an investment, I’m sorry the 240 is not an item that will increase in value significantly, once again this is not an insult at the 240 but unless everyone is planning to keep their car for another 40 years, don’t call putting money into a 240 an investment because there is no return! I understand that there is a sort-of self satisfaction and investment of time for yourself in knowing you did the work, made it fast, etc. However, I think you can agree that there is no monetary value in it.

For everyone else, I don’t disagree with you guys spending money….I mean hey it’s your money! I was just offering my opinion towards things. It’s great that you guys love modifying your 240’s, making them go faster, learning about them, etc… but its not for everyone….like me!

actually you are all wrong and i am in the process of banning every single one of you right this minute.

Okay bud! There was no profanity, a civilized argument, absolutely no grounds to ban anyone but its cool Mr. Moderator I understand your reasoning. I mean what you say goes right?

Hahaha I think Bing is just kidding

with an S13. :smiley:

Don’t you mean “Might as well”? :lol:

And boba240, don’t worry man, leave your car as it is and enjoy it. Save the money and get something you like. However, a little quality suspension & motor work can go a long way in the 240 when done right, so that’s usually why people do it. I’m sure quite a few people on here could afford new cars if they wanted to.

My KA-T 240 has been extremely reliable, winter driven and will hold with a 350Z on 5-6 PSI. Plus it’s lower, more “raw” IMO, and a ton cheaper to own and insure. When something new I can afford that actually holds my interest shows up, then and only then i’ll buy something else. But either way, to each their own!

Regarding the whole “cheap” mindset, and I may be stating the obvious, but I think every culture has it’s variety of people from the most unnecessarily cheap to the do-it-right-once perfectionist etc.

dont worry team serious, twas all in jest.

heck, even benson knew i was joking

I’m not sure if someone else has replied to this but I just read it so I’m going to reply.

Maybe I read wrong but I believe most people put money into a 240sx NOT because they want to make money off it in the future, but rather, putting money into your 240sx will make it a little more fun. It’s more of a hobby.

I don’t remember anyone mentioning that the reason why they put money into a 240sx is because they wanted to make a profit out of it? Unless Phil posted in here?

And if we really wanted to invest money, I’m pretty sure that most of us would put it into an RRSP or something. Not a 240. Come on.

marc, you are soooo wrong…

and your turbo is a piece of poo…

and asian people all suck.

Bing, stop hating just because you’re Asian from the waist down.

Better Asian than Ginger…
(Looking at you hurricane…)

http://www.gingerkids.org/