Woot, go newegg, F NYS!!

[LEFT]
Dear Valued Newegg Customer, [/LEFT]

As a result of recent changes in New York State tax law requiring certain out-of-state retailers to collect and remit sales taxes to the State of New York, we began collecting applicable sales tax for all orders shipped to New York addresses starting June 1, 2008.

After careful review and consideration, we are pleased to inform you that we have stopped collecting New York sales tax, effective August 21, 2008. This decision was driven by your direct and candid feedback and our continued commitment to you as our valued customers.

We appreciate your patience as we worked through this process, and would like to reiterate our commitment in offering our customers the broadest product selection, competitive pricing, fastest shipping, and award-winning customer service.

We look forward to continuing to provide you with the premier online shopping experience for all of your IT and consumer electronics needs.

Sincerely,

<b>Bernard Luthi</b>
            Newegg.com
          Company Spokesperson and
          Vice President of Merchandising

nice

rezpots

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51345

makes me happy

good for them, fuck NY

my brother does some IT work and was spending several thousand/month at newegg until they started that. He will be glad to hear of this.

I just fucking got my 22 from them, paid for it on the 19. I got screwed for 35 dollars for this sales tax BS

Try and get a refund from them, or just return it defective (a flight of stairs will aid in this) and then rebuy it without the tax.

That kicks ass. I buy stuff all the time from there. :tup:

God I love newegg…

They have been offering so many amazing things and for such a long time now too.

and spend $10 shipping it back…

I suppose you’ll still make out $25 ahead for the time.

meh

Its not even worth it, I paid 23 for tax. I called and there CS wasnt having it. I ordered it on the 18th. Oh well.

:bigclap:

Pissed that I just bought a 500gb drive from them though. Not over the $6, but over the fact that NY got it by passing a law that violates established case law.

good for them but too bad I just spent $300 there 2 weeks ago too.

Good stuff. I got the email too.

Just got the email!

FUCK YOU NY!

word now i can build a new computer, lol