GAY!

[LEFT]Dear Valued Newegg Customer, [/LEFT]

As a result of recent changes in the State of New York Tax Law requiring certain out-of-state retailers to collect and remit sales taxes to the State of New York, we regrettably inform you that Newegg.com must begin collecting applicable state and local sales tax for all orders shipped to New York addresses on or after June 1, 2008.

Qualified business customers can continue to use the Newegg.com Sales Tax Exempt Form.

We value our relationship with you and all of our New York customers. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this change in New York law and assure you that we will continue to work hard to offer you the best prices, fastest shipping and award winning customer service you deserve.

We look forward to continuing to provide you with the premier online shopping experience for all of your IT and Consumer Electronics needs.

Sincerely,

Bernard Luthi

Company Spokesperson and
Vice President of Merchandising

Wow, I can’t believe NewEgg is just rolling over and taking it without a fight. Total bullshit.

Thank god I got my PC last year… I F-ing hate NY…

I heard that Amazon is now doing the same thing too…

Interesting move overstock.com made to fight this:

The retailer believes that if it cuts out its affiliate advertisers based in the state, it will avoid charging customers sales tax.

And regardless, this is heading to the courts:

I can see NY’s Supreme Court going along with it because they’re elected by the same liberal assholes who put Spitzer in charge so he could come up with this plan in the first place, but then it should get appealed and shot down by the much more conservative US Supreme Court.

They are, and it’s shitty. Between my wife and I, we did over 80 Amazon orders last year alone.

they’re already planning on suing ny state over this

I heard about this a few days ago… Any other ways NY can bend us over?

probably

It will become a class action with Amazon, Newegg, and whoever else these assholes single out.

http://www.vilnius-life.com/media/pics/gay-vilnius.jpg

time to move

your just realizing that now?

I constantly think about where I want to move when I am finally done with school. I’m so sicck of this ass-backward state

at least we’re not in cali

are people really that poor that a few extra dollars on already discounted part’s bothers them?

yes

When you place a 1600$ order through newegg, not paying tax helps(ed) a lot. (z2 w/ bluetooth, camera w/ 16gb sdhc card, ram, dvd drive, etc).

Really sucks to hear. Although i haven’t gotten that email yet. But i’m definitely glad i ordered when i did.

that’s fing gay :tdown: NY eats asshole, it really does.

Can’t wait to find a job out of this overtaxed shithole state

Got the same email from newegg this morning.