More Bull$#!T that NY state is churning out!

Just when you think they couldnt be bigger assholes. I got this email
Subject: Newegg.com - Important Notice About State of New York Tax Law
Body:
Important Message to Our New York Customers
May 23, 2008

Dear Valued Newegg Customer,

As a result of recent changes in the State of New York Tax Law requiring certain out-of-state retailers to collect and remit sales taxes to the State of New York, we regrettably inform you that Newegg.com must begin collecting applicable state and local sales tax for all orders shipped to New York addresses on or after June 1, 2008.

Qualified business customers can continue to use the Newegg.com Sales Tax Exempt Form.

We value our relationship with you and all of our New York customers. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this change in New York law and assure you that we will continue to work hard to offer you the best prices, fastest shipping and award winning customer service you deserve.

We look forward to continuing to provide you with the premier online shopping experience for all of your IT and Consumer Electronics needs.

Sincerely,

Bernard Luthi

Company Spokesperson and
Vice President of Merchandising

What the fawk! Theyre going to be getting money from us for NOTHING? thats extortion! look it up in the damn dictionary! freakking hate this state even more now. I swear, they keep doing this shit, im GTFO of here. U guys heard of Amazon law? bullshit state!

Yep, got that e-mail too. I hope that doesn’t mean everywhere I buy something from online is going to do that…

They gave us our stimulous money… and then changed the law to everything we buy gets taxed, tricky bastards.

Legally any online business when shipping items to NY will have to charge tax.

Well it did say requiring certain out-of-state retailers so hopefully it’s not everyone. I guess we’ll know soon enough.

There is no way they will be able to keep track of everybody, so they will hit all the major online retailers and hope that the rest will follow suit. I assure you many sites won’t follow the rules.

Want to talk about extortion? Have you seen last month’s Car and Driver?

There’s an article about Impound laws in California, and the amount of revenue they generate. The burden of proof is on the accused, and essentially people are treated as guilty until proven innocent . . .

You would think that they would learn from history regarding tax.

The rebate check is bullshit.

We are in a borderline recession. This is expected albeit disgusting.

my dad just got this email, we buy from there all the time. idk NY state FTL

Boo hoo.

How many of you wrote a letter to your Congress-people to at least ATTEMPT to do something about it? Hmm? Nobody? Wow, how expected. Let’s just bitch about it and blow it way out of proportion online.

;D

I personally went looking for a big wooden boat full of tea, but apparently that’s been tried already.

That’s almost as productive as Iraq War. :banana

:lol We need more educated humor on this site.

+1.

Didn’t find my Iraq War post funny? :sad

I’m resisting the urge to pollute another thread with our political discussion. :stfu :lol

Its called taxes not extortion. :stfu

Didnt you have something similar back “In Soviet Russia…”

yes, its extortion and its illegal. its done by the mafia. when u do stuff like trading or buying and they just TAKE your money just because they can.

A person who represents YOU and YOUR opinion agreed to it and allowed them to do it. Thats not exactly bashing in knee caps mang

go canada! http://forums.usms.org/images/smilies/smiley_canada_flag_ani.gif