would u buy her for $5500 USD?

An Ls1 would be fucking sick but that S14 looks fug,

do ppl not buy cars because they look good? i mean would you buy something that didn’t look good? ur whole statement is fucked. if u knew half of what u were talking about u wouldn’t have said shit.

why wouldn’t you wanna drop a ls1 in a 240? is it not lighter then a camaro or ta? power/weight ratio, good handling, good looks and balls gallore… whats ur definition of a good sports car??

correct me if i’m wrong, but does ford not make mazda’s motor’s? so according to you, mazda is stupid and pointless… yea that rx7… wow what a POS… dont even get me started on the rx-8… thats even more or a POS…

350-400hp in a 240 would be pretty crazy, that more power then u can afford to make in ur ka/sr with out serious mods

u can’t rag on this guy for trying something else other then an sr swap like EVERYONE who has a 240 does. sr swaps r as common as cavilers, any punk with money can get a sr swap(not saying thier all punks), but it takes some brains and passion to do something above and beyond, and you cut him down for doing it.

who r u to cut him down? what have you done ?

not try’n to start shit, but come on

Still man what is the point of doing so, When an 240sx pulls up you expect a certain sound and feel. American mussel inst one of thous. What would you say if ya saw a charger with a skyline engine totally different feel and design to me its just wrong. If you feel the need to re invent the wheel go ahead am not going to bash ya its just y bother putting so much time and money when you can get a SR or Ka or even a Rb26 and build it. Just turbo a ka and you will be making 300 ish hp sounds good and suites the car. And your Mazda thing does not apply with this some engineer’s one day say we want this engine in this car and it came factor like that. I haven’t seen any Nissan 240s come out of the factory with Ls1 or small block Chevy’s. And if you want to go fast really fast make a shifter cart takes brains money and balls 250 pound cart with a Honda Cbr 929 engine you will be flying. Not trying to argue it just i like to use Nissan parts on Nissan, Vw with Vw and Chevy With Chevy. Different parts of the world different feeling and different style some witch should not be combined but thats just the way i c things.

i see your point, and to each thier own, i understand that as well, but u can’t cut him up for doing something different.

tokyo drift when they dropped a rb26 into that rustang, i thought that was pretty cool!!

the time and money you would have to spend to get a ka to push 300hp, you could easily get a crate ls1 straight outa the box making 400.

muscle cars are fast, imports are quick, combine the two and u have on badass car…

i know alot of ppl like that riced out coffee can on the exhaust, but there is nothing like the rumble of a muscle car, thats pure power, if u can appreciate that, ur not much of a car guy. there is more to cars then rice. any bmw(m3 exp) or ferrari pulled up beside your 240 they would eat you. do you think you would stand a chance against a iroc-z? i don’t even think a sr 240 would have a chance.

either way it doesn’t matter, i just think that guy should be gettin more props for doing something unique rather then being a sheep and following the heard.

your car should be an extention of your self, something that represents you, thats why people customize thier cars. i’m sure u have customized your 240. i bet it’s nothing more then what everyone else has done. you go to shows and park your car beside 30+ more 240 that all have the same shit on them. buddy might have some shit u dont, but it’s nothing that you couldn’t go and pick up, then next week-end u can tell him how u have the same shit as him now, and suddenly you should be cool, sound like some people you know???

i’m sure u could get a muffler to make it sound importish.

if that was a s13 hatch it would be much better, reminds me of the episode of pinks with the 240, i think that was a ls1 as well. that was one fast 240!!!

Its all preference and look man my look is Oem Plus and yes some things are nice like going above and beyond making your car stick thats your call there is no right or wrong look its you creating what you c. the best complement that i could get is when someone says what did you do to the car when everything flows and looks like it would from the factory. But his 240 is nice just not to my preference. Ohh the To fast to furious thing was cool and depressing at the same time i would of love c a Super Charged v8 in that car with it would of been sick:)

Thinking outside the box as konvokiller said

well i know i beat a iroc-z wiht a sr. :slight_smile:
but im tottally for the challange of doing intence swaps. i just need the money to back it up ha.
there is nothing wrong with a ls1 in a import, like you had said imagine the sound of a s14 rolling up beside u with that tingging heavy cammed pure torque sound. that is GANGSTAAHHH. i think what he di dwas awsome and if i had the money that thing would be mine minus the stoopid carb/ hole in the hood. Multi-port Fuel Inject that SHIT!

sr vs iroc… the long run i think the iroc would win, but can’t say for sure, never been in a sr 240. i was thinking rb26, but i wanna stand out and i’m gonna find myself a supra motor(dont remember engine code! 2jz??).

i like chevy, and i love nissan, combined that pretty sweet. i would love to fire up my 454 powered 240 just to hear that roar, and deep rumble. i will always have love for my 69 camaro and chevelle, but at the cost of gas import is just the way to go. i sold my 79 camaro(350 4bbl big block swapped) b/c gas was to much, 250 km to 60$ isn’t good at all!! my 240 doesn’t toss my in my seat like that z28 did!!

u might have beat that iroc, but if that would have been a ls1 240 you were racing i bet it would have walked by you.

it’s always about the money… it sucks

btw i like that carb/ hole in that hood, makes it look mean!! i’d change the color to blue tho, the red sticks out to much and makes it look fake. to each thier own, it’s just nice to see a sweet 240 that really stands out.

mad props to anyone that is saving a 240 from a junk yard. it just sucks when uncontrollable events take place that end up in you righting off your 240!! every one that dies, more are brought back to life.

so in light of this topic, i emailed the guy sellin the car, had a chat with him, this is what he had to say

The car is agressive, bold, and unlike any 240 ever to come before. With any bold new design you either love it or hate it. So I expected to get the hate mail (infact I was sweating bullets the day I decided to order that silly scoop). Some of the hate mail is funny, some of it’s pretty mean but for every hater there have been 100 people who absolutely love the car…

Second I think some people don’t understand that this is a project car, I will be the first to admit it’s not everything I wanted it to be. It needs bigger brakes, better suspension, I wanted fender flares and custom wheels, I wanted to put a nice paint job on it, I wanted to use the side skirts to mount a flat underbody tray to (can’t to that with fiberglass) and build a rear diffuser. But some things were backordered (fender flares), some things take a month to make (wheels), and a lot of things wouldn’t be wise for me to do since I was never really planning on keeping the car. Why in the hell would I spend a week making a oval exhaust system if the first thing a drag racer is going to do is take it off. Why would I spend $1000 on coilovers if a track junky is going to have to take them off for something with higher spring rates? Why would I spend $1000 on paint if someones just going to have it repainted a different color

he does have a point. i agree with what he had to say, makes more sence on why the car is the way it is. he also gave me this link to a SWEET ass 300zx.

http://houston.craigslist.org/car/373331230.html

thats nutz, probably not to many cars could touch that!! if i had the money, i’d be all over that car like a fat kid on a cake!

it’s one thing to take a nissan plaform and make it fast, but it’s a whole new ball game when you do something like that!

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f224/Darkside240sx/th_ef62b8e1.jpg

check this out and tell me you wouldn’t want that,
sc 454… my god…

(350 4bbl big block swapped) … uhm, bit confused, the 350 IS a small block.

That scoop is proof that even muscle car fans can be ricers.

Auto V8 is probably the easiest swap in the world to do. You need engine mounts, tranny mounts and a driveshaft.

And V8s really aren’t that heavy. My 289 is smaller (dimensionally) than an SR20 and lighter too, especially when you consider all the wiring, accessories, computers, etc you can toss.

And compared to a fully kitted out RB? Weight isn’t an issue.

I think if 2/3 of you actually experienced torque you’d shit yourself … even out of a lame duck 350 that buddy “can’t remember” what he put in.

Too bad he didn’t have a Chrysler motor lying around.

What’s up with everyone trying “bashing” SR’s these days? Yes, it’s a common motor and a lot of people have done the swap but that’s because its relatively cheap, easy, and it’s pretty fun.

If your reason for going with an RB20, RB25, RB26, or 2JZ is to be different. Then all I have to say is that you’re an idiot.

Its like all ricers trying to be different from one another, but when we see a car with a different kit and shit, we still label all of them as Rice.

Stop trying to be different and just do what you like and want. It’s your car. No one gives a shit if you’re different than them.

(350 4bbl big block swapped) … uhm, bit confused, the 350 IS a small block.

not if it orginally came from a pontiac… do your homework.

so y do you mod your car? y put a body kit or spoiler if you don’t wanna be different, y don’t u just leave the body alone then u can all be the same?
ur the idiot if u think the only reason i want a 2jz in my car is to be different… how about it’s a solid platform that has endless potential… hmmmm
it’s not like i would be the first one to do that. if no one wants to be different what is the point of car shows? ppl mod thier cars so they look DIFFERENT from the rest of the heard.

what i want is to be different, y should my car look like urs, or anyone else’s? i don’t give a shit what u think ofmy car or what anyone else thinks, I want it differnt, u all wanna be sheep and fallow the heard, u go right ahead, but like the guy that built this 240 that were suppose to be talking about, i would like my car to stand out. u don’t get on the cover of MOD mag b/c your car is the saem as the rest.(not sayign i want to be on the cover, but u read these mag’s and wish ur car was 1/8 of what those cars r)

open ur mind and have some imigination, jezus. atleast i can think outside the box.

sure the sr is cheap and easy yadda yadda, but thats y EVERYONE has done it.

i suppose you think of yourself as a tuner. all rices think they are tuners. when u look at ur car, do u think ur a ricer? what makes u different from them?

“but when we see a car with a different kit and shit, we still label all of them as Rice.”

so everyone with a body kit on thier car is a ricer? i suppose your the only tuner in the bunch and eeryone is fallowing u and ur the big man or what?
who the fuck do u think u r labeling ppl as rice or not?

define ricer for me, then define tuner. just b/c u did an sr swap, suddenly ur a tuner?

i’m not try’n to cut you down or anything, i just don’t see your logic, or where u get off labeling ppl as rice. yea sure there are ricers out there yes, have no idea what they r talking about or no nothing about what parts they stick on thier cars. call me a ricer if u want, i don’t give shit. i’m moddin my car for me, not for you. it’s notlike i’m use’n mommy and daddy’s money to pay for my parts or pay to have them put on. i’m puttin them on myself. only wayto learn. i have not had a car worth doing the mods i’m doing to my 240(camaro was my first project that i had to sell b/c of gas prices, hense the 4 banger 240…)

Not going to waste much time arguing with you. But you should know what I mean. You’re new to 240’s so doing anything you can do to it probably seems cool at the moment. I was just like you when I had my 240 two years ago. You will eventually learn what’s rice and what’s not. What to buy, and what not to buy. And if your reasoning for buying a 240 is for the gas mileage, let’s be serious here. Not many 240’s get good gas mileage and if you want good gas mileage, why would you want to make more power in your KA?

That’s really an oxy, moron.

What makes me different is that I build my car for myself, not you.

Seems to me like you read PASMAG and you wanna build a car that stands out like those. So you wanna be different but if you think about it, you’re really the same.

lmfao, yea the gas mileage from a 350 camaro is sooooo close to the gas milage of a 240… u really think i bought this car b/c it’s good on gas. it’s not that good like you say, but it is much better then the camaro(60$=250km) i get 400-500km on 60$ if i can squeez that much in there. the 240 has everything i want in a car, thats y i bought it. it rwd, stick not a big ass boat, and it handles like a dream stock. my x-g/f’s lil br bought it and i DD for him for about 3 months b4 i bought it off him, so i knew the car well before i bought it. i didn’t buy it b/c EVERYONE has one and it was on nfs.

you think the mod’s on my car are going to kill my gas milage? i doubt it will be that much worse, so what if i loose 50 km to a tank. flywheel, header, exhaust, intake and chip wont bring it down that much, maybe when i’m steppin on it yea, but daily driving it should be around the same.

like u said i wanna mod it for me, I want more power, i don’t care if buddy wants my car to have more. I find some I like and I put it on MY car b/c I want to. not once in my life have i cared about other ppl, i’m selfish i’ll admit it, the only person i hav to look out for is me, i come first b4 anyone else. i’m willin to help ppl i’m not stuck up, but if i’m in the middle of doing something i’m not going to drop what i’m doing for anyone, well maybe alicia silverstone… but whats the chances of that!!

i hope u build ur car for u and not me b/c i don’t know what ur car looks like and u’d be wasting ur time.

my goal isn’t to be on the cover of a mag, i don’t wanna be on the cover, but if someone came up to you and asked to pay you to be in thier mag, wouldn’t u wanna do it??

if someone walks up to your car and asks u to look at it, what u tell them to fuck off u didn’t build it for them??

pasmag??? wtf is that…

ever seen a 4 door skyline in america?? no u havn’t b/c there is only one and it’s on the cover of mod mag… y b/c it’s different from all other skylines. whats wrong with havin something different? if ur not a sheep your a ricer??

ye i’m a noob to this whole mod’n imports, but u have to start somewhere, can’t mod an import if u don’t have one… it’s not like i went to CT and bought a muffler. i don’t want to fall into that ricer categorey, so i’m reading and learning about what i’m doing, also i’m buying parts that are actually going to do something for my car besides make it sound like an angry bee is in my muffler.

p.s as far as gas mileage, i bought an auto ecu so i can put a chip in it and still keep my stock ecu so i can swap them out when i need the extra hp or going on a road trip and i want better mileage.

Actually, there is a dude who lives about 2 minutes away from me who has a 4 door skyline. I believe that he’s on this board too. It’s a black 4 door skyline with an RB26 in it apparently.

then the ppl at mod need to do their home work, it was a last years issue…

Barf … the TJIN edition Skyline. Not the only 4 door Skyline, just the only one you’ll ever see at Hoochi Import Nights. Skylines came in 2 door, 4 door and even wagon trim.

And don’t tell me to do my homework when you apparently skipped muscle car school hop-head.

The 350 Poncho motor is NOT a big block. Pontiac only had ONE block 326-400. The bloody SMALL BLOCK CHEV motor was BASED ON THE FRIGGING PONTIAC BLOCK. And in icky 350 '70s trim are a garbage taxi cab motor. They can be made semi respectable, but I’d take a 389 or a 455 in a hearbeat before bothering with a Poncho 350.

I was ripping a small block powered Pontiac (with a Chev motor no less) when you were still trying to figure out why sweat pants and public school are a bad mix.

Disappointing…I was expecting to see a Russian bride or something of the sort.

Same.
As for the whole different thing, I think it’s gay. I’d never want to make my car “different”. I want my car to be fast, I want my car to handle and stop well, and I want it to look good. If it ends up being different in the process, good. If it ends up looking the same as everyone else’s car, still good. Why would I want my car to be different if that means slow, handle like shit, can’t stop and looks like ass? Or meet all those requirements, but for 5 times the price I could have normally done. Not that the car this thread is based on is that way, but just in general.
Mark is right, different for the sake of being different is TOTAL rice. That’s how altezza lights got started.

I have altezza lights…am I a ricer? Am I different?

But then again I have an “Altezza”…
:moon: