X360 super duper elite edition

^ they may have finally gotten it over the years

hrrrm, intttresting. i always heard the 360 was a poor MC and was piss poor for playback :cjerk:

That doesn’t work with Win 2k3…

BUT, you can hack MCE 2005 and add it to 2003.

PS3’s ability to play BD and content > 360’s ability to play HD and content.

Xbox 360 (at least with Tversity) does not automatically play widescreen content at full widescreen.

It never occurs to anybody just why nintendo is winning this war (worldwide). Because theres one console. Not wii minor, wii major, wii fuckin sweet. Most people use their consoles for gaming only. If you want a dvd player, buy one. Thats one thing the current 360 setup had over the ps3. A separate hddvd player. Oh well. Thats really not the only reason obviously. I think they should just keep it simple, but I could be wrong. I personally love having something complex like that that does 100 badass things. Most people dont though.

I’m waiting for the “Kicks More Ass than the Ultimate Edition” edition.

my thoughts exactly. Wii has 1 version. It’s cheap, fun, and has 1 purpose… to play video games. The graphics aren’t the best out there, the other options are non-existent, but ya kno what… its been out for over a year and is still sold out or sells out in a day at every store that carries it in America.

Your conclusions are a tad off base. The Wii sells the most because it’s

A) It’s $250
B) It’s different gaming experience
C) It’s $250
D) It’s $250

Its not off base in the slightest. I just named one reason why its the leader. You just named 2 more.

I think they are the top 3 reasons actually. Probably in this order.

1.) Price
2.) Simplicity
3.) New experience

Although that order can be argued all day long.

The wii is only $250 b/c it doesnt have all the extra options, but ya know what thats exactly what I wanted.

When i was looking to buy a new system last February I could of easily paid for any of the new 3 games. I picked the wii because I didnt want or need a blu-ray player, media center, HD, this that and the other thing… and most other casual gamers in the market dont need those things either so the wii is the easy choice.

Why are you using tversity instead of Extender?

Im not quite sure i understand the issues you have

The extender does not install on Win2k3 server (AFAIK). With the 360, when you display video content (at least with Tversity) it acts like you have a standard TV instead of a widescreen and puts bars on each side.

Did you get my PM, BTW?

Xboxs can be had new for near $300 now, no?

Besides, price point isn’t a huge deal. The Wii is the Camry of game consoles.

if your a casual gamer, it absolutely is a huge deal. If your a big gamer, then youll get what you want regardless of price. And in this world theres tons more casual gamers than hardcore gamers.

That is what I’m saying.

…$50 extra for alot for options that the casual gamer will not use.

I didnt get that in your first statement. Either way, it does suck if you already have an elite, but microsoft doesnt surprise me with anything they do anymore.

This is a whole 'nother thread, but from what I’ve seen… the Wii attracts a whole new market of gamers. People that have never gamed before. Old and young alike. People love it.

As for longevity? Who knows, I do know that it is fun to break out with a group of friends in a way that Xbox or PS3 certainly aren’t. Plus nearly anyone can do it.

It isn’t trying to compete on pricepoint or features, it is saying “hay, gaming isn’t just for nerds locked in their basements with double jointed thumbs” and it works.

Nintendo definitely did themselves a favor by not having the latest and greatest in cutting edge graphics with the Wii to keep the price down.

Yes, low price makes it even more attactive to people that don’t already game.

I call BULLSHIT on that one paul. :deadhorse2: