Your $800/$1,600?

So, if Bush’s economic stimulus package goes through, what will you do with the money? If you don’t know what I’m talking about, read below:

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) – There could be tax rebates of as much as $800 for individuals, and $1,600 for married couples.

Those details are emerging from lawmakers and staff members involved in the talks on Capitol Hill about an economic stimulus plan.

Officials say President Bush told congressional leaders that he favors tax rebates for people, and tax breaks for businesses. He’s
expected to spell out his ideas today, without going into specifics.

His spokeswoman says Bush will demand that any package be effective, simple and temporary.

During testimony to Congress today, Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke supported the idea of putting money into the hands of those who would spend it quickly and give the flagging
economy a boost.

According to senior aides to House Democrats and Republicans, the plan that’s emerging would include the tax rebates for individuals, the tax breaks for businesses, and more money to help
food stamp recipients and the unemployed. There’s also talk of providing additional aid to help states complete construction projects.

The talks are taking place amid mounting fears that a severe housing slump and a credit crisis could cause people to clamp down on their spending, and cause businesses to stop hiring. That could put the country into its first recession since 2001.

The fears led to another big drop on Wall Street

Ironically, if we get our $1600, my fiance will probably want to use it on our vacation to Mexico this summer… which would be ironic because instead of helping boost the U.S. economy, it would go to the Mexican economy. In my mind though, since we’ve already got that trip paid-for, I might just apply it towards my new bike purchase.

It’s a weird thing to think about getting this money… normally if I get a $1000ish check, it should pay for something or go into savings. In this case, it is being given to people to buy new things (i.e. it doesn’t help the economy to save it, or to pay of debt).

donate it to the Ron Paul for president campaign. which, btw, is the only way that his idiotic economic stimulus package will do anything.

Inflation Promotion Package? Great idea. Go elephants!

When will these guys learn…

Well I will be in the market for a new car this year…so I guess that will go towards that

i know right? :rofl:

I’d be interested to know where the money for this package is coming from.

make sure you buy a Japaneese car so that the money actually goes to US workers.

Buying used and it will be a GM.

BUT THATS NOT GOING TO STIMULATE THE ECONOMY STUPID!!!

it would go towards a Hans device

im not sure but i think you are supporting the terrorists. Oh, and pay credence to my PM.

I’m think along the lines of a pair of AR-15s. Hell every married couple needs a pair of ARs.

You already gave it to them. Your just getting your money back. Your not being given anything!

Buying myself a shiny new flat screen.

:rofl:

I understand that. However, since we are trillions of dollars in debt, it seems to me that money was probably allocated for something. The question is what is now NOT getting funded because of this tax rebate… assuming it comes to fruition.

:stupid: Or just towards the general “mod fund” for other stuff I have planned shortly.

Sorry Mikey, not going to be donating it to Ron Paul to save the world. Though whoever made the inflation comment is dead on. :frowning: :frowning: One last gift Bush can give us on his way out.
:embarass:
-TJ

gold standard ftw

Obviously they are no good at allocating money. They need fired. We should never have given them so much of our money to start. I say when ever we start getting into dept they should start getting less money. That will teach them to manage it better. You don’t reward poor managment by reinvesting.

I will be saving my rebate/refund/stimulus cash because our Economy is headed for the shitter fast. Futures indicate that the market is going to open down about 600 points tomorrow.

10 Trillion in debt, from sea to shining sea…

will go towards backpacking/fly fishing trip to alaska…

doubt this will happen

who gives a shit theres good and bad with everyone…

they wanna float me 1600 so be ill accept with open arms