Question Were we suppose to get $300 or $600 back?

The relief tax refund. I could of sworn in was $600 a person and if any kids its $300 extra (per kid up to 4)

If I am right, Why the did I just get a $300 deposit? I was looking forward to the $600 because I wanted to get something nice for my GF. I was in the Hospital for the last 5 days and she was by my side EVERY MINUTE.

are you a dependent?

Starting in May, the Treasury will begin sending economic stimulus payments to more than 130 million households. To receive a payment, taxpayers must have a valid Social Security number, $3,000 of income and file a 2007 federal tax return. IRS will take care of the rest. Eligible people will receive up to $600 ($1,200 for married couples), and parents will receive an additional $300 for each eligible child younger than 17. Millions of retirees, disabled veterans and low-wage workers who usually are exempt from filing a tax return must do so this year in order to receive a stimulus payment.

So why did I get $300…do they think I have a kid and sent me $300 first?

I have my own house and life on my own.

“Your payment is based on information you submitted on your 2007 federal income tax return such as your filing status, the number of qualifying children, and your net income tax liability.”

i recieved $538 and this is what they told me,
"Based on your filing status, the amount of your stimulus payment is $600 or your 2007 net income tax liability, whichever is less. Net income tax liability is your tax before credits, inlcluding the alternative minimum tax, less all non-refundable credits other than the allowable child tax credit.

However, if the net income tax lability on your 2007 federal income tax return is less than $300 and you had $3,000 or more in qualifying income, the amount of your stimulus payment is $300."

check your tax return for federal and your net income liabiliy should be less than $300.

I’m a dependent (23 but this way I get health insurance til I’m 25, my mom’s a college professor and gets it through her work).

do I get any money?

btw I only made like 8 grand on paper (only 1 job was on the books. now both my jobs are on the books, but that didn’t happen til feb)

I swore it said single , living on your own no kids got 300$

^^that makes no sense whatsoever. it depends on how much you net income tax was on your return. thats what they base it off. i just took that quote directly from the peice of paper mailed to me after i got my check and it explains " How we calculated your payment"

i got my 600 just fine

$1800 here with no issues at all.

just curious, by “2007 tax return”, that means they look at the income from 2007, correct?

dependents won’t get anything

damn. do my parents get more money since i’m a dependent of theirs

yup, they should get an extra $300 because of you.

i got 600 and i’m a single independent.

I made $44,000 last year. I should of gotten $600.

I didn’t owe on my taxes. I got $4200 Federal and $900 State back.

well you will be getting a letter explaining how they calculated your payment.

My bro got one and is a dependant

sucks…luckily though since i turned 23 this year they can’t claim me any more even though i’m living at home…a couple friends had the same change made…living at home but 23 and up…and they went from getting a couple hundo here and there back to $1500 to $2000, only making like $20,000 a year part time…good stuff…

still sucks that i’m not getting any extra cash though…i wonder if this is a one shot deal or if they’ll be doing this in future years too…

wow. yes.