Question Were we suppose to get $300 or $600 back?

lots of :picard: in this thread

that doesnt mean anything, time to break it down elementary style.

Go to line 2 of your tax return information. It should say something about total tax, what was that?

I think its based on what you earned, and what you paid in taxes.

I got 600, my girlfriend only got 300. She only make like 10 grand last year, she was going to school full time.

omg fail.

3 steps:

1.) irs.gov

2.) stimulus rebate FAQ

3.) “What does it look like for you”

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=179169,00.html

Or, maybe… JUST MAYBE, call a tax advisor? Or even my old friend google.

Got the letter today in the mail…it says $300, but still doesnt explain why? Oh well, Free Money anyway.

They did send you $600, but they took back a little bit for each of your spelling and grammar mistakes on car forums. :wink:

I got 600 back wooooo.

Payed bills aswell.

That missing space should have knocked you down to $599.99 at best. :slight_smile:

:lol: Grammar Police.

Spell Check that. :lol:

Give them a break, they don’t have a life so they need to pretend to be english teachers on the internet.
Anyone who knows me knows I don’t care how I type ont he forums.
I type like I’m talking, I swear some of the grammar police, would say Period in person, when someone finishes a sentence.

i live with rents, and claimed myself… and got 600

God, I hope not, since we’re all going to paying for this “rebate”, “incentive”, “debacle”, etc. at some point in our near future.

Do they claim you as a dependent?

Parents only get the extra $300 if the children claimed are 17 or under.

truth.

we did not get $300 back even though her little sister is our dependant. We were not able to claim child tax credit for her because she was 17 by the end of last tax year.

i just like how this looks in my mind, someone saying this in person

I got $600 also, check just got here.