00HondaPrelude

2000 Honda Prelude–85k miles…currently in the garage for winter.

Performance Modifications:
K/N Typhoon CAI
BPI Initiatives Velocity Stack
Skunk2 Pro Series Intake Manifold
Skunk 2 67mmTB
HYtech Custom Header :banana
Greddy Evo 2 Exhaust
Custom Test Pipe
AEM Tru power Pulleys
Unorthodox Racing Crank Pulley
Apexi Neo vtec controller
NGK Plugs/Wires
MSD Ignition/distributor
fuel pressure regulator

Exterior
Vis Carbon Fiber Hood

Interior
Completley Gutted weight:2750lbs
No AC
No PS
No CC
No Sound Deadening
gutted trunk
no back seats/carpet
No spare/jack
Light Weight Battery relocated to trunk

Can yall see the pictures?
my plans for this winter are JDM H22 type s swap with LSD tranny…depending on if i can get enough money…im going to do the work with my buddy im currently enrolled at hvcc for auto tech

Welcome to the site!

The pictures are visible fine. You ever think about an H23 Blue Top swap?

The car looks like it has quite a bit of work into it, and it takes real balls to gut an '00 car, and get rid of all the amedities. :thumb

whats the power output for the blue top h23…

theres a deal on hmotors that i was looking at for the type s h22 with lsd tranny for 4k
also the JDM h22 has 222hp 160ft lbs vs the USDM 200hp 156tq

jdm h23a vtec spec
Horsepower: 215hp@7100rpm
Torque: 169lbs-ft@5300rpm
Redline: 7600rpm

jdm h22a1 spec
Horsepower: 200hp@6800rpm
Torque: 161lbs-ft@5500rpm
Redline: 7200rpm

jdm h22a-s spec
Horsepower: 225hp@7200rpm
Torque: 163lbs-ft@6500rpm
Redline: 7200rpm

Higher redline, more tq. But I have heard higher HP numbers for the bluetop, that I have not found confirmation yet on.

You could always just use your head and frankenstein mate it to your H22 Head and have your own H23 Vtec (I’m sure there are plenty of kits for that) Sort of H series Ls-Vtec

Are you the kid i met at Inline that one day?? I have the white 4 door k20 swapped civic
:banana

yea son…how u been u still whipping that around or u putting it awaay?

How do you like that BPI Flow Stack?
My buddy Just ordered one for his car. Hes got a 4th gen w/ a JDM H22

yeah its already away, it’s been away for about a month now

the flow stack is fine u really dont notice much from it but every little bit counts

Looks great… My all time favorite Honda

whos ur buddy?
I go to HVCC for Auto Tech right now. just wonderin if i know him

and dont listen to VLAD. a frankenstein H23 block w/ an H22 head is a horrible idea.

Nick, you’re an idiot. Is not a horrible idea, but there is definatly no kit to do it. H23Vtec’s can make some great power. If you want to know more about it look for Rosko’s H23Vtec thread over on Honda-Tech.com.

Ludestar: I wouldn’t spend 4k on a Type-S swap. The only major differences between the Type-S and a regular H22A are a.)The pistons, b.) the header, c.) the cams, d.) the intake. The head also has a Honda factory port-match. You already have a much better header and a better intake than the Type-S pieces. Also, the Type-S tranny, is NOT and LSD tranny, but rather an SH tranny.

If I were you, I would get the Type-S pistons and cams (or better yet, Skunk2 Pro1 cams) and an LSD tranny (Not the Type-S tranny). That would probly only set you back 2k-2.5k in parts and labor rather than just 4k in parts.

EDIT: Side note, if you opt for the Type-S cams, you do need stiffer valve springs, don’t use stockers.

its a horrible idea for OBD2 tho :wink:

slack thats a sick idea thanks for the saving money idea…sounds good…also im going to do the obd1 conversion

You could make it work. Would it last long w/o being tuned? Hell no.

Could also do it with the h22 block and the h23 crank. Make sure you have the right year h22 block tho, some years have 50mm mains and some have 55mm mains.

Going OBD1 will net you big gains alone. The Neo is “tuning” but Hondata or Neptune will be able to pull more power out of the setup you have now. If you don’t mind the noise you should also look into a true 2.5" exhaust to match that header.

i already have the greddy evo 2 exhaust and no cat just testpipe

I’ve driven this car… its not fast at all :lol, But seriously, Hytech is so ballin… you need a 5 speed swap bad Adam!!

haha yeA its ballz slow :lol
but do doubt i need 5spd …we doing the swap this winter?

its AUTO?! :wow

Haha, yea, swap that slushbox out bro.

And if you ever want to part ways with that HyTech, let me kno. :nod

damn, that sucks