02 Jetta After Run Coolant Pump Stays On

This electric water pump that is located bolted to the coolant fan stays on intermittently killing the battery.
Does anyone know if i could just disconnect it or is there a sensor or control module that usually goes bad

vr6 aux water pump? unplug it, actually, just get rid of it and replace it with a pipe, that shit will eventually brake, draining your engine of coolant and murdering your motor (ask me how i know)

Jam is right in saying to bypass it. I wouldn’t suggest that if it was a new car with low miles because it could eventually have a negative impact on that motor (vr6 i’m assuming?). But chances are it won’t last long enough to matter, something else is sure to render the vehicle useless before that.

It is a 1.8 motor so i take that it will not cause the ck. engine light to come on or any damage to motor as the car has over 70k on it
Thanks for the reply and i am going to bypass it

It could be the fan control module starting to flake out due to a battery leaking acid on it in the past or a temp sensor.

Is your battery just shot?

1.8ts have an aux water pump?

Battery was drained from this pump staying on, installed new battery and pump came back on but it is intermittent

Would leaving this pump unplugged cause any damage to the motor?
How do i access the control module?
Is the temp. sensor for this on radiator or cylinder head?

Temp sensor is on the flange on the right side of the block most likely green in color.
Leaving it unplugged would do no damage nor cause a CEL

How long does it stay running that it kills your battery how is your battery sounds like it could just be a week batttery as the pump is designed to stay running after you shut down your car.

The battery was dead and when i jumped the car the pump came on instantly so i assumed it killed the battery and when i jiggled the connector to it it would go on and off, so i don’t know if possibly there was an internal short to ground in the pump.
Installed new battery after it tested bad and cannot get it to come on again or drain the battery