gti vr6 coolent help

my coolant keeps disappearing in my car, i dont see no leaks from anywhere, but my coolant temp sensor light keeps flashing on my dash, but my temp gauge doesnt show my car over heating, any idea where my coolent can be going?

if i were to bet on what it was without even looking, i would guess the electric waterpump has a hairline crack and is leaking small amounts of coolant

i just replaced my water pump a month ago. and its leaking out in a matter of minutes.

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

but i dont see it looking from anywhere…

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

but i dont see it looking from anywhere…

So it’s gone in a matter of minutes and there’s not a single leak coming from underneath the car anywhereeee?

the auxilary water pump. its located just below your coilpacks. i would bet its leaking from there

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

where do you live? i can fix this in literally 5 minutes and for about $2 if it is the aux water pump, which it most likely is

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

is it possible for the it to leak thru my power steering pump because thats shot and has been for awhile now and i filled it up and looked one more time and it looked like it was leaking from there or somewhere around there

hahahah no.

well its leaking from somewhere around there then.

could be the OTHER water pump. or a hose to the pump.

it’s not leaking internally via headgasket or something, is it?

no he said it was leaking near the power steering the Water pump sits on top of the powersteering pump

here your going to need this (although its for a MK4 the pump is in the same spot)
http://www.gruvenparts.com/website/diys/VR6%20Waterpump%20Replacement.htm

You will need to disconnect the motor mount in the back pasangerside corner

the water pump was just replaced less then a month ago. was easy to change, took about 2 hours.

Which water pump? Mechanical or electrical? Sounds like your mechanical belt driven pump is leaking if you see coolant by the PS pump.

the mechanical pump is leaking. i can gotta get a gasket or some sealer for it.

thats shitty. who did the work?

I love VW. Take mikes and jams advice, they have had their experiences with plenty of Vag products.