leaking coolant round water pump

93 kade i have an high idle for the last couple days as if it’s running cold, but it’s at normal temp.

Then drove in the morning the temp was a tad high, and pulled over and noticed a lil puddle of coolant dripping on the ground. when i turned the engine off the dripping stopped 

I let it cool down by turning on the heater but there was no heat comming out, let cool down more and poured some water directly in the rad. Still no heat, so i squeezed the coolant hoses and poured in water at the same time, and noticed quite a bit of air bubbling up. 

I then capped the rad and drove home with full heat on this time it was hot as fuck, engine temp stayed normal but high idle was still present.
When i got home the temp was normal and the high idle was gone as well as drippage. maybe it fixed itself it’s a nissan

Nope just started it and the coolant started dripping again, and the engine was cold.

coolant drpping from where? heater hose? water pump? rad?
if it’s around the pump, you have 2 change it…at the same time
remove your thermostat and check if it opens at the right temp…or if
it opens at all…

yah it is round the pump just by squeezing the hose it leaks, so it’s ptobbly pulling air trough the laek.

Find the source of the coolant leak before you drive it again, the last thing you want to do is have the engine over heat!

so it’s the water pump seal, just wondering is there any [U]temporary[U] fix till i can get a new water pump

I am in the same boat as you are. My water pump is leaking coolant and the only safe solution is to get a new one. OEM is for around 100+ or aftermarket is around 80$. Time required is 2.4, well according to the book that is. Shops cant charge you anything over that.

^^^ffffffffffuuuuuuck i hate this shit, do u still drive around

dont drive around. just fix it now. if you dont you will run into problems and end up replacing a lot more than just a water pump. and then you will look back and be like…shit, maybe i shoulda replaces that water pump :-k .

Well, its ok to drive short distances, but highway is a big NO NO. But that totally depends on badly it’s leaking and when you plan on getting it fixed. I’m getting mine fixed this week so yea…

Its a risk you take by driving it around. You could potentially blow your motor.

naw i think driving it maybe to risky it’s was dripping overnight, so wondering if i could just JBweld it where it’s leaking, and if anyone has done this. cause this pump has fucked my whole weekend up.

Is it leaking around the impeller shaft? if so, that’s what most water pumps do when their bushings are fucked. It needs to be replaced before it really takes a shit and leaves you stranded.

not by the shaft but, what appears to be a hole or dimple in the bottom of the pump, when i stick my finger on the hole it blocked the leak.

I’m pretty sure the point of that hole is to tell you that the pump is bad

lol probably but till i get a new one JBweld will do

Lmao jbweld worked for the bottom hole thingy. But then the top hole started leaking! amazing more jbweld on the top for joke! all the parts stores are closed

Its called a weeping hole, when the bushings degrade to such a point where pump failure is imminent…coolant will piss from this hole.