Coolant leak issue

Today i just noticed that i left a huge puddle of coolant going to work… seems that it only leaks when the car is running and not when its shut off and standing…

the coolant seems to be coming from the actual engine prob a head gasket or soemthign and its pretty much giving me a headache… leaking near the front of the engine but I cant see from uptop but would it be a headgasket problem… how much is it to replace… by a mechanic anyways

if its comming from the front try finding where the leak come froms…could be a loose hose…and old hose with a hole in it…could be ur water pump is going and could be leaking

try everything

when i worked at a rad shop i found that its usually an old hose

squeeze a tube of silicone gasket into the rad and let it run for a few hours , itll fiz all the leaks

^^^ and are you gonna buy him a new thermostat and waterpump when his shit seizes up because he took your advice? [-X

find the leak and fix it properly… do it once, do it right.

if he would be dumb enough to take that advice he shouldnt be posting on this board , some level of common sence is required

http://www.son240sx.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18249

hmmm, good advice to whoever wants to buy my car… just made a purchase on a 2002 nissan maxima and its a paycheck per month lol…

if he would be dumb enough to take that advice he shouldnt be posting on this board , some level of common sence is required[/quote]

Dont bash the Liqiud Gaskets abilities, Hector drove home on a beed I helped set only using a cig lighter air pump, a tube of liqiud gasket and people.

It’s probably the water pump.

They have what’s called a weep hole. It’s designed to weep coolant out the hole when it’s time to change.

EDIT

Damnit, didn’t bother checking the link above