ATTN:Mk430r-g12 coolant, its leaking!

halp!

to where could it be coming from? i have yet to have the car in the air due to the weather but i was wondering if a smarty pants like yourself could head me in the right direction of the late model VRshit! any common places that u or anyone else know of? i leave it in the garage and by morning its a puddle about the size of a hockey puck.

thoughts?

tough call man. it could be from a number of common areas.

1. resevoir
    2 crackpipe/thermostat housing
  2. radiator

simplest would be from the coolant temp sensor flange or oring,

-or- the y -pipe on the radiator that splits off with a 5-6mm id line to the coolant overflow bottle, they are prone to cracking.

without looking at it, its hard to say. im leaving for a few weeks today so all i can say is good luck, and dont let it run hot!

im thinking either a hose or a loose clamp but due to the weather havnt been able to use my fathers lift.

today is not soo good, so i thought i would vent a lil.

something is wrong with the therm or some sort of fan relay switch because the fans run for about 8 mins after i turn the car off no matter what. would this have anything to do with it?

When the gas light in my Concorde comes on, I have to put gas, oil, anti-freeze, and wiper fluid in it.

wtf Jim. lol

I am pissed now… when I bought my Jetta, I wasnt offered a crackpipe option. Was that a VAG option, or did you get it aftermarket?

:bh:
Black Forest Industries - European Automotive Parts and Performance

12V vr6 coolant pipe AKA crack pipe

ok so where is this located? i will look and see if i can see where its coming from

E,check vwvortex. i think its in the front of the motor and my guess is the crackpipe.

i’d have to agree that its most likely the crack pipe, its right on the front of the motor, right near the oil filter housing. stock plastic ones are prone to failure.

Its on the front of the engine under the intake manifold. Real fucking PITA to get at.

really? i would think it would be somewhat easy once u have the car in the air.

Ha nothing is easy on a vw dick

other than ur mother.

yea, like i said big boy, its prolly the crackpipe. can’t be too bad.

um…Pete, why on earth are u calling me “big boy”???

for the record, i like vigina, not pee pee

sorry d00d

its ok, u live and learn. its all part of being young.

NAOW GO MAKE ME A KEYLIME PIE!

Thats a lie. I saw you blowing some dude in a red sti the other day