coolant leak on beater...question

Theirs a coolant leak on my beater and its pissing it out like crazy. Its somewhere in the front driver side radiator corner. I took out the complete intake today, wipped everything down, started it and nothing seems to be leaking on idle, but its deff. pissing it out when Im driving…enough to the point that when I park and shut off, its steaming out the front bumper…

My question is, I believe in a auto parts store I saw something that you can put into your coolant tank and it plugs any small leaks and shit…do they make such a thing? I cant remember if or where I really saw it…it was a long time ago…im wondering if their is something I can do about this before I go pulling out the radiator and shit to find this leak.

yea, its called like bars or suttin. worth a shot. but if its just a radiator then replace it. prolly like 100 bucks, if that.

its called Bars Leaks… If you want to find the leak, dry evrything off, and put baby powder in the area you think the leak is at… when it starts to leak youll see the wet baby powder

wherever its leaking…its in a high pressure area because its spraying everywhere on the whole driver side…soaking the top of the intake and everything.

I can get this at any auto parts store correct??

you can crack an egg in it if you wanna go real cheap status or try the bars stop leak

I will try the bars first. If they atleast doesnt help, I will pull the radiator out, find the leak and fix it.

copenhagen… a radiator cant be to pricey for a blazer… get some plumbers putty and slop it on the leak spot.

thats the problem…I dont know where the leak is comming from yet.

Pull it out.Its easy enough as long as you dont have to do it in the freezing cold

thats the problem. My camaro is in the heated garage…and im not taking it out because its apart…so I will hafto do this in my driveway…

It might be as simple as a bad radiator cap is what im thinking…it seems to be pissing out somewhere ontop and getting everything below and around it wet.

bad radiator caps show their weakness when theirs a load on the engine?? (in drive) because I dont see a damn thing leaking at idle.

There is more pressure sorta. Most of the pressure is there just from the engine warming up…you would see the cap leaking though

Thats only a temporary fix if youre stuck on the side of the road

You can get bars leaks anywhere

oh i forgot to say… i got a pressure tester for cooling systems if you need to use it… you can pressure test your entire system including the cap

If its leaking that bad bars leak wont help. That shit has never worked for any leak Ive had and in one truck I had I bought the pellets and one plugged my thermostat and the coolant froze.

I believe Advance rents out pressure testers if you cant get to somebody that has one. Pressure testing is your best bet.

If its the radiator try www.radiatorbarn.com. My brother bought one from them for the '95 S10 he had and they were cheaper than most other places.

drew bring it over to the shop ill pressure test it for ya today and see where it is and if sealant will work on it ,make sure it aint the lower intake as it will send coolant into oil and destroy motor ,they are notorious for that also .just call me later

alright sounds good.

found a crack in the radiator…anyways thanks for the help guys.

i was gonna suggest a pressure test, thats the only sure fire way to tell where its coming from. bars leaks does work, but f.y.i its not good for the rest of the cooling system. gunks shit up over time.

:rofl How would a stuck tstat make coolant freeze? :rofl

well, It was cracked in the plastic piece of the radiator so I took everything off, cleaned it up nice and put JB weld over it…I figure since it was plastic, that would prolly fix it…

also, since I bought the blazer its been running like shit…I put all new vac. lines on, new distributor cap, and plug wires…well today I did a plug change and holy shit, 2 out of the 6 plugs had no electrodes! should run good now.