Help My Heater Core <3

I’v been having some coolant leaking issues due to some very clever hose design…Coper pipes mixed with rubber hose and clamps… Took everything off and fitled with the clamps (Yes I will invest in proper hose, mabey I should do so befor asking my question) And I still get leaks.

My concerns are:

Are there any hoses inside the dash that could be leaking?

Could I block it off and recirculate it on the firewall?

It starts to leak even when I take the rad cap off. I was pouring coolant in and it was dripping right out… :ham:

do you get the leaks inside the car? mine is leaking too in my s14, so it might not even be the hoses maybe its just the core itself that is leaking

Not that I’ve seen and the carpets dont look sturated :?

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

I’m sure it’s just because of the hoses, its made with copper pipe, rubber elbows and clamps, if there is a hose inside then I bet its part of the problem.

My lovely hose…

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Both of these don’t look right but thats what poping up. One set has three the other two…oh god…

http://www.frsport.com/Gates-OEM-Heater-Core-Hoses-Conversion-for-USDM-240SX-with-S13-SR20DET_p_8951.html

So fun story… I bought harder hose thinking it would last longer then the soft hose that broke apart. Not thinking that harder hose will not mold to my new fittins like softer hose would. Clamped everything together, get some gas, go to a buddies house let the car run to cool down, sippen on my beer and Kablam!! White smoke is pouring out form under the hood. My hard hose disconected it’s self and shoots coolant EVERYWHERE…

Good: I’m returning the hose and getting mu $14 back!!

Going to buy the heater hose from FRsport :slight_smile:

Bad: How hard is it to clean coolant out of your engine in the winter in an engine bay with wires hanging all around…FML

in a way u got lucky it was just ur hose, i gotta take off my dash so i can take out the heater core, i can fully see it write now but i can’t get it out. good luck with the cleaning, r u talking about flushing the entire system?

No I just want to clean up the bay. But I think I will do a flush.

Got it fixed again today. Made sure the claps were on tight lol. Took it out, checked it, drove it, check it, drove it, checked it and everything seems fine…for now.

F*ck I love the car its so fast lol I just need to get her fixed up. Coolant taste so good eh lol "once it hits your lips it so good’ -Frank the tank

oo why don’t u just get give the engine a wash with the pressure washer and the grime eater. i had that shit all over the place too cause bleeding a ka can be a bitch sometimes, my thermostat wasn’t opening so coolant was all over.

I’m afraid to use a presure washer or any hose because of all the wires hanging around in the engine bay. It’s a pretty big mess and the last owner said he fixed a lot of it.

Been a few days, seems like that problems fixed.

nice!

Just leave the car running while you wash the engine bay, that way if shit goes wrong (aka shorting a wire or flooding your MAFS) you know immediately. That and you’ll know it’ll fire up when you go to drive away. I’ve seen that happen to a few people… ahh good times.

cover your air filter/anything else you dont want to get soaked with either a plastic bag+elastic band (to seal the bag), or saran wrap, and hose the bitch down, 'nuff said.

Thanks guys, thing are going swimmingly