heater core

can anyone instrust me/ or help put in a heater core. its on a 1990 plymouth laser RS 2.0l non turbo. my whole passenger interior floor is nothing but a puddle of coolent.

At worst you can loop the lines to stop that shit from flooding…

Deff. not a fun job on that car.

how would that be done?

yeah i figured. how time consuming is that?

look for 2 rubber hoses going from the motor to the firewall (prob on passenger side), detach the hoses from the firewall (2 hose clamps), find a pipe that’s roughly the same size as the two hoses and clamp one hose to either side.

okay thanks. i might give that a try.

Make sure the engine is not hot, please.

car hasnt been running for 2 days now, i stopped driving it once it started to leak.

biggest fucking pain in the ass ever. it me probably 5 hours to take mine out, but it was for parting out my car, so i never put it back in. it was my first time doing it, so it should be about only 2 hours to put everything back in as long as u dont lose screws and bolts lol

idk how dsms are, but on my integra i had to take out the battery, and the battery tray, because there were bolts behind it, there are bolts on the inside of the car, and then on the outside as well. there were bolts on the fuel sending unit thing, and then 3 or 4 bolts that were just on studs thru the firewall

once u get everything unbolted it should be really easy. i couldnt get my radiator hoses unclamed because they were pointed down and i couldnt really get to them, so i just ripped the thing thru the firewall lol, i dont think u should do that tho because there is a brake line type thing that controls to flow fluid thru i believe, and u cant rip it thru unless u unbolt it, but i just cut mine because it didnt matter.

i would unclamp everything, and do the hoses on the heatercore first, and then cut them as u need to when u hook them back up to the engine, dont do it the other way around. i would also get new clamps n hose for everything as well.

hope this helps, its kind of a jumbled mess of typing but w/e… GL

might? should.

and get that shit fixed before winter. it’s not fun driving around with no heat. should prob replace the hoses too while you’re in there.

here’s how:
http://www.ehow.com/how_4521309_replace-heater-core-mitsubishi-eclipse.html

well i already ordered a new heater core.

It’s not SAFE to drive without heat.

Defrosting your windows becomes significantly more impossible.

i dont plan on driving the car until its fixed.

Overall about 5-6 hours if you are doing it for the first time.

yeahh i deff dont plan on doing it myself. ill fuck some shit up somehow.

the aggrivation might be worth the money you would save if you were to take it somewhere! just get a set of instructions and get to work! take your time and make sure you work neatly so u do not lose anything! oh and get it done while the weather is still warm lol

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1520035&postcount=37

wat? lol

Just did one today and it didn’t take long.
But its deff not fun to do it.