heater core help!!

hey, im buying a car and the heat doesent work. if i have a heater core, how much will it cost to get done. its for a 92 VW GTI. i dont want to do it myself, so if anyone here can do it for me relatively cheap in a not so long amount of time let me know. i will help out as well. thanks!!

heater cores are a bitch on some vehicles, and not so bad on others. I have never done a VW core, but from my limited knowledge of VW (by choice lol) i bet it is a pain in the ass!

But if no one steps up to the plate, i would be willing to do it for you. I have 2 jobs in front of you, so it wouldn’t be untill at least this weekend, but whatever i can get it done if need be.

Mike

thank you, i go to school again on sunday so if there is anytime that is good for you thatd be great. i did my research and as long as you know how to get the dash on and off it shouldnt be all that hard. i can also help out because i guess it takes some force to separate certain parts so i could help out with moving the dash or anything you would need. let me know and thanks!

known problem and a PITA on MKII vw’s.

The whole dash needs to come out. If you have never taken a VW dash out then figure about 2hrs. to take it out, 30 minutes to do the core and 2 hrs to put it back in. Sux cause the core is only a $40 part.

MK II’s are a pain in the ass to do… simple… but a PITA because as mentioned above… the dash has to come out… I didn’t do the core in mine when I had it because well… it’s a Pain.