03 ninja 636 help!

Thanks I’m goin to try that self diagnosis that u posted to see if it works. If not I guess I will have to take a trip to the dealer

Yeah I just checked on mine and that diagram is spot on. It’s an orange wire.

Yeah mine is orange so do I basically jus ground that I’m reading this through a phone so I can’t see the picture that well or do I ground that wire to another wire

If you were hooking it to another wire, you wouldn’t be grounding it, unless it was a ground wire, in which case it doesn’t matter.

So to answer your question, ground it to the frame.

Right, what he said ^^^. Then check for the FI light to flash and keep track of the sequence that it flashes.

03’s do have some sort of emissions stock. I removed them when I had one (basically just installing some 3/4 tubing and a t from what I remember 4 years ago. )

what is/was broken when it got dumped?

Just the fairing and signals were screwed up. But I left the battery unplugged all night and when i got out of work I plugged it in and turned it over to see what it would do and the FI light flashed once and then stopped then i turned the bike on and off again it sputter started and the FI light flashed. I gotta get some wire I will keep u posted on wht i find out with the code. Ruffly how many number am i looking for? Also i guees my choke/cold start cable is broke and it was on the whole time I didnt realize it so i took the choke off and noticed the light has not went on once yet. now i am jus wondering if the motor is flooded like crazy and thats why it sputter starts.

Hmm, I’m not sure how many flashes to look for as far as pulling the code. And I’m not familiar with the choke/cold start cable. I have an '05 636 so maybe that was only an '03-04 thing? Maybe Chris or Tim could chime in here.

even if the choke was on it wouldnt make it sputter. just rev real high once its warmed up.

when it sputter starts as soon as i go for some gas it stops.

put some gas in it

and/or open the fuel petcock

Already put fuel in it. Fuel petcock open

damn. that would have been epic.

Alright I have a yellow wire not a orange wire I grounded and got nothing

I changed the plugs and the bike started right up. But I still get the FI light sometimes its not as much now but after I finish fixing the fairing Im going to take it to the dealer to have them check the code cause its not a issue right now. It runs and drives great though.

Glad to hear :tup: It’s amazing what a set of plugs can do for these bikes. If you want, you could try disconnecting the battery again to see if maybe the ECU resets. That could be enough to clear the light as long as it’s in running condition now, but that’s up to you.

yeah i disconnect the battery every night. so i dont wht the problem is there. But thanks for the help.

?? any reason

That’s when I was really having a problem with the bike starting I woukd disconnect now I leave it connected

Any update on this?