livin4hockey's Ninja 636 Spring Cleaning Thread

Well I started looking around in December for another bike since I knew this was the time of year to buy. Had my heart set on an all white bike and really loved the 636 and 600RR styling. I had an all white 636 lined up but someone else topped my offer. Then this came across my eye, and I decided to go for it.

2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
7300 miles

Yes it’s been downed, but I can live with that. Title was still clean, should be getting it shipped here within a couple weeks. Just a few mods: Full Yoshi exhaust , GPR V1 steering damper, Goodridge SS front brake lines, CRG bar end mirror, Oury hand grips, LED front/rear signals, LED plate lights, Sharkskinz street fairings.

Obviously it needs paint. Original paint appears to be titanium colored. The plan now is to go all white. I’m thinking BMW alpine white or Lexus Diamond Pearl White, but we’ll see how the budget is. Also need to get some frame sliders. Definitely looking forward to this summer :smiley:

nice go with a super pearl caddy white.

But you don’t have any riding boots. :eek:

EDIT: Oh, and nice bike btw. I have the same exhaust.

grab sum frame sliders, t-up on the pickup

may i ask how much? im going to guess 4500

Lol, yeah now my search begins for another pair of those boots.

Thanks, would rather not disclose but if you want to know, PM me.

Very nice pickup, Mike.

Please cut down that exhaust when you get it :lol: Only thing I hate about most undertail exhausts is that they stick out too damn far.

nice pick up mike.

scope out some good roads so we can meet up this summer!!

Very nice pick up! Congrats

i hope you didnt pay 4500 for this…

did he give you pics of damage shots?

No this was not the same one we had talked about. Did not get any damage shots. He said the previous owner was a friend of his who laid it down. He said the accident was minor but his friend decided to upgrade the fairings as opposed to going OEM. You can see on the tail piece where there’s paint scuffed off. Besides that and the case covers, you can’t really tell.

just worry about frame dings/dents/bends/damage…

its probably fine, but always worried me…

ps… OEM are normaly the nicest fit/quality/etc etc… that you can get for a bike… sharkskins and track plastics are cheap… because they are made to be repaired and replaced quickly and cheaply normally.

Yeah you can definitely tell where they cut corners in the design. And it’s one piece as opposed to two pieces, not sure if that will make things easier for removal or not. But aren’t sharkskins supposed to be more durable? I know OEM plastics crack very easily, I thought this was not the case with the sharskins. Either way, I’m not too worried about it. I was really looking for something under 10k miles since I plan to log quite a bit this summer and I’m glad to have found this. I’ll definitely get more pics up once it’s delivered.

whatever happend it wont matter after some nice new paint!!

things i dislike…

the only thing holding on the upper is the mirrors… (guess what there arent any)

the one side screw, the lower, couple plastic tabs, and the turn signals… that scares me.

they might be more durable, but they definitely arent a better fitment/finish/quality than OEM. not to mention, oem comes painted to match :slight_smile:

sand down those covers and paint them black!

EDIT: i guess blockoff plates or zip ties could go around the mirror holes and upper to secure it more though :slight_smile:

EDIT 2: whats the cute little fanny pack like thing on the passenger peg?

i just noticed the no mirrors, hell yeah im not the only one!

Nice bike man!!! Glad to see you upgraded from the GS500 I sold you! Maybe someday we will get to go out for a ride if i ever get back into the game and i will actually get to meet you in person haha.

Hope all is going well for ya and be safe out there!

Yeah, it will be a bit of a project. I’ll see how well the upper is secured when I have to take it off for paint. But you are right, nothing can beat OEM. I was thinking of doing blockoff plates but will wait to see how I like the bar end mirror. That cute little fanny pack would be a Bully disc brake lock.

As far as the covers go, noob question here, but can I just unbolt those from the motor as it sits? I might as well get that done while the plastics are out for paint. The goal here is to get this road ready by April, which shouldn’t be a problem if I can find the time, lol.

Yeah, I’m definitely favoring the BMW Alpine white right now, such a hot color.

Thanks, and we did meet once briefly, lol. When I had to get the horn from you I met you at Buffalo RV. But yeah, you need to get yourself another bike so we can ride some time!

yes you can remove the case covers just by unbolting them… but the stator needs to be unbolted from the inside and on the clutch side, a bunch of oil will come out… ALSO, you’ll need new gaskets… my suggestion… just do a decent job taping them off and just paint them on the bike. OR by carbon fiber covers on ebay and call it a day.

I say buy mirrors…

be safe.

LOL thats right, I forgot about that!

Seriously tho, if I was to buy another bike, this is what it would look like. Minus the whole 636, I would probably go for another Suzuki or a Honda.

Alpine white or pearl white would be hot…
rattle can semi gloss white would be good too… but you need to be LEGIT to rock that.