livin4hockey's Ninja 636 Spring Cleaning Thread

Also my guess is none of those plastics are stock, even the tail… or maybe the levers arent stock… its weird the the “passenger side” lever (brake) has rash on it, but that side of the tail is clean… while the other lever is fine, but the whole tail is rashed up on that side…

maybe not… just weird how the lever is the only thing on that side that has damage… lol

I have been looking for a white or magma red 636. Cant find anything thats not way overpriced. Nice pickup

magma red :tup:

fixed.

This and all black were the only other colors I was considering. Saw a couple magma red’s on ebay, but all were out of my price range. Just decided then that I would buy something cheaper and make a small project out of it. This is the first vehicle that I’ve ever had as a project.

So with that said, just ordered mirrors, levers, frame sliders, and bar ends off d2moto. I wish they still had that 40% off sale going, ugh. Still need to get gear too :bloated:

ws20 for 20% works right now

You’re about an hour too late :(. I did manage to get 15% off though.

good thing kawi uses a guy like me for their “color namer”

:tup:

whites soo hot when done right

BUMP

looks great, nice purchase. I actually prefer track plastics, SO much easier to get off when you have to do anything, just pop a few fasteners it takes like 20 seconds as opposed to 5 minutes turning screws

I don’t run mirrors on my bikes usually, all they do is vibrate anyway. GET A HELMET MIRROR instead of bar end mirrors. bar end mirrors will piss you off when you try to squeeze through a tight space, and will likely suck just as bad as conventional mirrors. just stick a zip tie through original locations

do yourself a favor and get some vortex adjustable rearsets. (maybe even go gp shift, it’s all personal preference but I’m riding a 929 with conventional pattern right now and hate it).

as I remember you sold your gear. get new stuff yet? may want to consider a 2 piece suit so you can hit the track down the line if you do so desire.

good luck, keep it maintained, and enjoy it

That’s pretty much what I’d like it to look like, only with my current plastics. I already ordered the regular mirrors. I had bar end mirrors on my old GS500, and they were ok. I liked the way they looked on it, but for sight lines, meh. They would vibrate, as I expect the regular mirrors to do as well. Maybe I’m weird, but I think regular mirrors look very good on the bike. I think it completes the look, but that’s just me.

As for the rearsets, maybe down the line. I just don’t have the money for that yet. I do need to get new gear. Going with a Shoei RF1000 in black later tonight. I’m trying to find some Alpinestars GP Pro gloves and SMX+ boots. Tristan, I know you’re reading this, and yes I definitely regret selling mine to you :stuck_out_tongue:

motorcyclecloseouts.com

Thread title updated as now I have finally taken delivery! Took 3 weeks with all the weather delays but I finally got it yesterday. Just a few more pics of how it looked in my co-worker’s garage:

And then a couple of my co-worker’s Aprilia Tuono R:

I apologize for the crappy pics. Didn’t realize the lighting was so terrible and I didn’t always use the flash. Anyways, thanks to a nice winter storm I got a snow day today :smiley: Got busy stripping it down.

I left the tank on since I’m not quite ready to get the paint work done and would like to run it a few more times before that. I need to sand down the covers on either side and paint them black. Does anyone have a good idea of what grit to go with? The scratches are all pretty light, so it shouldn’t take too much sanding to smooth it all out.

Don’t have the funds for a 2 piece suit just yet, but I found some suitable replacements for my old gear.

Alpinestars Black Label Jacket, GP Pro gloves, and SMX+ Boots
Shoei RF1000 Helmet

your pics are all dead… what happened?

x2

Did some organizing of my photobucket so the links are changed. My internet is super slow right now :fu: but I’m trying to get the links corrected.

Pic links are all fixed now.

Got the tank off Saturday night but didn’t have my camera. Paint is getting done this week. Hopefully I’ll have it all back together by this weekend, but we’ll see how much time I have.