04/05 Gto??

American or Australian? It’s assembly is done 100% in Holden, Australia

What is your opinion.

It’s kind of like the DSM. Eclipse-Japanese. Talon-American?

Holden Monaro-Australian, Pontiac GTO American?

I see it as american

Cars are build all over the world these days, even some cars are built in different locations then some other cars of the same brand and model. Some american cars, like the focus are made in mexico. Do people consider them mexican cars? Some cars are build in canada. Then theres cars that are considered imports like the camary that are built in Kentucky. Even though they are built there no one in know would consider them american cars. Or what about the new Benz SUV, its built in Alabama.

i think the engine in my neon comes from mexico as well as some other parts, I think almost of cars are made all over

yes, but the GTO does not have an American(Pontiac) VIN, it carries an Australian VIN from Holden

the Mercedes, have a German VIN. the BMW’s stil hav a German VIN too, albeit being built in North Carolina. The Talon’s had a Japanese VIN

What makes a certain Vin distinctive to a certain geographic area?

Also I would guess that not to many people consider Australia, as a country that manufactures cars, for example there’s American cars, Asian cars, and European cars. So would an Australian car be Asian since the area is the south pacific?

Australia is continent, as well as a country. It has nothing to do with Asia.

and each country has its own VIN code. It’s the first number/letter in the sequence

My Dodge was built in Japan. Does it matter where the car came from that much? Aussie Fords and GM’s are sweet. I would take an Aussie Ford over an American Ford any day.

I know, i was just saying out of those three main classifications it fits into an Asian car.

it’s more of a “just wondering”

geographically yes… although most Aussi cars, share European design characteristics

Alot of the new toyotas are completely designed and manufactured in america. kinda hard to classify cars nowadays. i jsut try to go by the company’s origin…makes it a lot easier.

who gives a fuck? :dunno:

in my eyes, i think of the gto as a australian car. but thats due to being aware of the holden division.

I still think of the focus as a european car too…

IMO the new gto…shouldnt be called a GTO, I think it does the name injustice, altho i like the new “gto” they should have just started importing holdens or kept the holden styling…i think its stupid that they had to downgrade a car just to sell it as a gto…maybe if GM didnt own like 50 car manufacturers we wouldnt be in this situation…i dont like the new charger at alllllll i remeber what the concept looked like and i have to say im wayy dissapointed

mine comes from IL

there talking about dropping the GTO already anyhow,it on this mounths GM HIGH TECH!

thank god

thats surprising :ugh2: :kekegay:

how so? old GTO resembled a Grand Prix in the old days. New GTO resembles a Grand Prix in the new days.

Old GTO, 2 door Sedan
New GTO, 2 door Sedan

New GTO outperforms every old GTO.