05 Civic Tranny issues - HELP

Hey guys,
I picked up a 05 civic with 172k on it and all seemed well. Drove around the block fine, towed it home w/ no problem. The I went for a longer drive and … lost the transmission. Towed it back home and the car sat over night. The next morning I went out to check her out and…transmissions work fine.
What would make a transmission lose its gears when hot but be fine when cold. I did a drain and flush on it (3qts out, 3 qts in) so I know it has fluid.

Thanks

automatic?

I had an 05 crv that did the same thing. The transmission was shot. Carnut is who I had look at it and he said it would need to he replaced, maybe he can explain what you’re experiencing.

Yea sorry, its an auto.
Ill shoot him a PM thx

If you bought it that day why didnt you take it back to the seller? he or she knew what was up, thats fucked up on their part.

valve bodies in the trans get messed up…basically it has the pressure to operate correctly when the oil is cold and thicker, and when it heats up and thins out, pressure drops and stuff stops working properly.

If you wish to sell it because you don’t want to fix it, let me know. I may be interested. I can tell you right now though my offer will be sub 1k. Basically I’d be buying it to flip it. and a trans is 1k for these damn things and I got to drive 5 hours round trip to get it, not to mention the labor of swapping it.

Try your luck a two quarts of Lucas Tranny, shits like molasses

It was like 2weeks later I think. There weren’t plates on it so I couldn’t drive it

• Updated - - -

I may end up posting it for sale but it would be at $1500 (cant lose my hat on this). If I dont ill fix it over the winter.
Tranny for this is around 500-700. For around 2k and doing the work yourself “youd” have a solid DD

• Updated - - -

Ill look into it thx. Without searching yet, can this be bought locally?

Sucks. Sellers a scumbag and he had to know about it. Good luck with the fix.

Yes the Lucas tranny is like 10$ a qt, might do the trick

Where at? Cheapest I found was 900 just outside of mississauga in canada for rebuilt units.

i know M&M has 3 7th gen civics in there. Not sure if either are auto or manual though. Only $80 for a transmission

Did you google the problem? Its common for those civics to loose the trannys on those autos. Really a bad flaw for Honda. Not sure because I didnt look it up but its probably been solved or fixed by someone online, my guess would be the solenoids like old Hondas but I might be wrong. That being said, I will give ya $700 for it.

I will look into this

• Updated - - -

Yea I have been reading that a common problem are the solenoids. I believe there’s an engine light on so I will try to scan it and see if it gives me anything.

Thanks for the offer but 700 is too low.

Though I will be selling it due to recent family changes, so look for a FS thread soon

Get a tranny from m and m…

If you sell the car lmk my dad has cash

Yea I’ll be selling the car, for sale add coming soon.