05+ Jeep Grand Cherokee with V6...

Anyone own one of these trucks??? I’ve test driven all Grand Cherokee models (except SRT8) and was really disappointed with the V8’s performance and pleasantly surprised with how well the V6’s drove. I can find V6 models for a pretty good deal.

How’s the gas mileage on the V6’s??? I know Jeep’s aren’t known for fuel efficiency…but if I can get anywhere near 20 with it I’d be content. I seem to be about 75% highway driving.

Not %100 sure but I think they are I-6’s?

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/22526.shtml

[quote=“sedlmeier101,post:2,topic:32097"”]

Not %100 sure but I think they are I-6’s?

[/quote]

No longer a I6 - now a v6 - albeit a bit clunky and noisey, they are ok.

[quote=“Bigairskier1580,post:3,topic:32097"”]

[/quote]

Thanks for the link…but I’ve always found those EPA numbers to be a bit misleading. For example, they list '07 Tahoes with the 5.3 Flex Fuel engine at 12/16…my father has been driving his for a while now and has been averaging 20mpg with about 50/50 city and highway. I was hoping there’d be someone here who may own one who could chime in…

Either way, I’m pretty set on getting on of these…I was just looking for some stories to hear from other owners.

Eh, all fuel economy numbers depend on a lot of things.

Driving habits are number one.

2nd, if you have the little mileage computer in your car, it is likely not telling you the true mileage.

3rd - Many people calculate their own gas mileage incorrectly, and inflate the numbers so they feel better.

[quote=“LXTASY”"]

Anyone own one of these trucks??? I’ve test driven all Grand Cherokee models (except SRT8) and was really disappointed with the V8’s performance and pleasantly surprised with how well the V6’s drove. I can find V6 models for a pretty good deal.

[/quote]

The wife and I were looking into getting V6 Laredo for her. We drove one and were pretty impressed by the power and handling but the interior looked really cheap. After we brought the laredo back we took out an 06 Limited with the Hemi and it handled almost identically and the interior was the same except the wood grain and navi. It looked like the rear leg room was non-existant.

I have a 98 Grand Cherokee Limited with the 5.2l; so I was expecting to be impressed by the difference between mine and the 06 and I really wasnt. You know when you test drive a new vehicle then you jump in yours and think its junk? I didnt feel that way at all and my Jeep has 126k miles on it, mine actually has a 3" lift and 32" mud terrains so its not an ideal ride but it didnt matter.

I’d consider a low mileage WJ (99-04), they are really nice and they still use the solid front axle which means they are actually off road capable.

but a dsl liberty and be done with it.

we have 3 of the 06 cherokee’s that are used as our patrol cars at work and over all they seem like a very good truck. we run all three 24/7 and we have about 25-30k on each with no problems yet. As far as gas mileage i cant help i only drive it 12hrs a day and beat on it.