08 ECLIPSE GT BIG TUP!!!

So i just took out a 2008 Eclipse GT 6spd… And i am really impressed. Probably because i didnt think anything of it when i jumped in. First off this is the BEST factory sound system i have EVER HEARD! Well next to the 17 speaker lexicon in the Genesis. Its a rockford system with a 12" sub and wow, highs/mids/bass were all amazing! Then i turn off traction and wow tons of torque everywhere in the powerband! Granted the roads are wet but i didnt expect the enilate the tires in 2nd and a good part of 3rd! All with the fast activating seat heaters on:mamoru:. Over all i am very impressed however im still not sold on the looks. But damn i had no idea these trapped @ 100mph!

hmmm i just am not a fan of the body.

me neither i thinks it really ugly, but its specs are VERY surprising

:lol: Poor 99-04 Mustang owners, out trapped and ET on par with a Honda accord.

lol. its depressing seeing new camrys that run ~14-15… which was a “quick” street car 15 years ago. lol… 13’s was “fast” lol

unreal.

eh, not a fan… But it is decent power I suppose

Dynaudio in Volvo or B&W in new Jags>>>>>*

Have you heard the eclipse system to compare?

Do you know what Dynaudio and B&W sound like?

RF sucks… period

Wasn’t impressed with the Dynaudio system in the VW Passat

the vw monsoon system in my 04 gli was bomb diggity

i love the eclipse bodies, theres an orange one aruond west seneca thats lowered and has a really nice body kit on it that was done PROFESSIONALY, they got some nuts and some looks

I own a 99-04 Mustang. :meh:

I hope you test drive the others before you buy, there faster and get better MPG sort of funny. But sound systems are very important too, especially in a slow car because thats all you have when ur pissed!

Never liked the Eclipse body style, always saw it as a girls car. The 2dr. Accords look so bad ass and its the cheapest, fastest and its a Honda. Resale value is probably way better than the other 2, well atleast the eclipse.

I test drove the 09 GT a few weeks ago. I like the new body style and I was impressed with the performance and stuff of these things now.

Holy shit, I’m wayyy more impressed with the Accord. 14.0 in the 1/4 and 5.7 0-60? WTF? It’s a goddamn Accord!

Every time I see a new Eclipse, I think that they would actually be pretty hot if they were turbo, AWD. Mitsu needs to make that happen.

Im just glad they ditched the 3rd gen styling, the new ones are way better then that but the 1st and 2nd gens still own overall.

Yeah instead they made the Lancer Ralliart. Who needs a cheap EVO?? I’d rock a 4th gen if they were turbo AWD.

A v6 accord runs 14 flat?

No shit…

Christ when I was a kid, we used to soup up our T-birds to run 15 flat, and low to mid 14’s was a pretty fast street car.

Then I ran 12.80’s in my supercharged 96, I learned what fast really was (for me at least).