10 point cage install in a talon?

Need to get it done within the next month or so. I will have seats, carpet and console all out. Prices? Send PM.

What’s with you and 10 pt cages?

Depends entirely on what the actual tube setup is. There are eleventy billion ways to build a cage…be it NASA/SCCA/IT/NHRA, etc.

non sponsor

I think its gonna be my trademark? And I hope to make this car fast.

:smiley:

there is not sanctioning body that requires a 10 pt cage unless your going rallying, just fyi

Plan on drag racing it, the turbo(Gt35r) I’m installing only makes power at higher rpm so its wouldn’t be a practical rally or road course car now. Which sucks because I like rally racing and wanted to try road course. It should become fast enough to require a cage and its adds structural rigidity. Plus I just like the way a caged car looks.

non sponsor

PS can’t you just buy a cage and get it welded up or do you need one completely custom fabbed.

I’m sure Autopower/Kirk/IO-Port make a kit for that chassis. 10 point does not necessarlity make anything stronger/safer soley by virtue of more tubes. It’s all in the design and attachment…all of which Jay will explain.

still, even to go 8.50’s you only need a 6 point cage, 10 pt is unnecessary extra weight and overkill for what you would like to do.

in addition a 35r will put you 10’s at best in which case a roll bar would work for you

WUT??? u on crack 9.99 & faster u need a 10 point,6-8 piont is only good to 10.00

he wont’ go 9’s on that turbo anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have no idea?? Only driven this car stock with 140,000+ miles and no 3rd gear. Nothing is stock now and like everything I own, its not finished yet. I wont talk numbers until I can back it up.

kurt went 9.4 on a 35R T3 with a 31mm wheel damnit

this cant be cheeks. its 9.99 or better then 135mph in the NHRA

Curts car is hardly something to compare to because of how light it was. I’m telling him he doesn’t have to worry about going that fast with that turbo. He <> Curt, period.

is != what your trying to say here?

Depends on what programming language you had in HS, they mean the same.

I know a coupe places that are sponers that will do that work very affordably. There is another place that I cant remember, but I do know they charge a lil more. :weak: