10 Worst Domestic engines Ever

my dad had a few 3.8s and nothing really major besides maint. and they all had well over 150k plus.

well not every 3.8 is gonna eat head gaskets, but i just rolled 100k and im on my third set of head gaskets

i dunno maybe that all of the lower intake plentums leak on um

cool my LQ1 3.4TDC didnt make the list…woohoo

they may not sound smooth, but Ive done things to them that shouldnt be allowed and they just wont quit.

and we’ve seen a few break the cams in half, drop a valve spring and grenade the whole motor. even if you go new gen 3500 they have headgasket issues and cooling issues all the same. def a pile. quad4 anyone?

:word: To that, GM 3.4, yuck, Sounds like fuckin shit.

LT1?

lt1>*

wait the 3500 has issues to. that was supposed to redefined and alot better good job gm.

the ford 3.8 gaskets were redesigned shortly after the problem was recognized. it used to be a HUGE problem on taurus car club but after one replacement they should good forever.

the GM 3.X engine is a joke with the intake gaskets. you would think after almost 20 years they could get it right but aparently they still suck at life.

I just did the lower intake gasket on my gm 3400 last month at 85,000 miles.

140k on my Buick 3.8 still running beautifully

My buddy has a park ave with the 3.8, he beats it pretty good somtimes, a real strong runner.

The GM 3800 isn’t bad. They are talking about the 3.8 Ford.

Also a good motor.

yeah all the people that said gm 3.x need to specify that x =/8. GM 3.8 is bulletproof.
Ford’s 3.8 however, not so much. That’s in the 3.4 category.

The GM 3800 V-6 is a great motor. Dunno much about the 3100 version though. The motors on the list. Some of them are bad designs, other were just in the wrong place or wrong time. The V8-6-4 was simply good concept that was ahead if its’ time. The mistake was marketing it before it was perfected. There are some bad ones on that list though.

The 3800 II in my mother’s LeSabre is a freaking lemon. Nothing but problems and it’s only got 65k on it.