10 Worst Domestic engines Ever

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/0408phr_worst_automobile_engines/

Interesting read.

ooohhh the old caddy v8-6-4

I always thought the 2.2L Dodge and Chevy engines were pretty decent
D

2.2 chevys ugh. lol they list all the problems.

i wondered about the dodge 2.2, tho.

what about fords 302

haha i had the 4100 in my first cady thing drove great but was deff under powered by a lot

ah yes, ford’s 302

i’m not going to defend it to the bitter end or anything - def. some that had issues (e.g., the 5.0 mustangs with sludging issues), but it doesn’t belong on a list with such kickass failures

I’ve got a dodge 2.2 turbo. 100k miles on the clock, few bolt ons but nothing internally done and it still runs great. And lemme tell you, I beat the PISS outa that car.

What constitutes a worst engine

No 90’s Ford 3.8 with the silly-putty head gasket?

Yeah I don’t think so.

I did however have a Cavalier with the 2.2L.

It actually made pretty decent power. I was surprised. It would break the tires loose on dry pavement no problem. However, it was pissing antifreeze and oil the whole time.

That should definitely be on there. :tdown:

domestic motors ftw

I don’t agree at all with the Ford Flathead being on that list. Yes, they had big problems in 1932 when it was first introduced, but they got all the problems ironed out pretty quick. The later flatheads, the 59A, 8BA, and the monster 8EQ (337 cu.in.) ran forever.

i seriously can not believe the 3.8 is not on there

gm 3xxx series engines?

What’s wrong with them?

3100’s i know many cars with these engines that are still running with over 200k on them. very very good motors as longas you dont beat the living shit out of em. Only one i see being of any problem would be the 3.4 Twin dual :rofl: timing belt every 30k FTL

I have 89k on mine and never had a problem. I’m planning on doing some preventative maint. on it with the LIM gaskets soon though.