What's up with domestics?

Good Lord.

Ford Mustang’s garbage
Dodge Caliper is even worse

Visited a client this week and my senior guy got the unfortunate experience with… Chevy HHR.

Looked like legos inside. :frowning:

American consumers weren’t picky enough in the 70s, 80s, even 90s for the bean counters to justify making better cars.

So the Big Three kept plodding along with various reiterations of what was mostly garbage to start with.

As the world “became smaller” with internet / mass media, Americans started to realize more of what they were missing, and in recent years US manufacturers have been able to turn out some decent cars…

But it’s still a long way to go.

It is a curious thing, ain’t it. I can’t figure out how they sell, or are most consumer still so f’ing dumb that they don’t know any better.

So you think that people are finally realizing American cars are inferior? I mean, I am trying to find some positives but I really can’t except for the price maybe but even that is just MSRP.

0% APR y0!

i happen to like my domestic, but im not gonna lie many domestics are shit

Yeah and VWs are much better ::slight_smile: They are SHIT as well

You are right. The C6 is gorgeous inside and I am sure others are nice but there is a definately difference between domestics and imports that is appauling to me given we are the greatest country in the world.

do i call your car shit? no :stfu

dont be the typical honda owner and hate on other makes, vws are not shit :slight_smile:

on topic: I agree, some are good but the majority are crap…Wish they’d step it up a notch.

Have you sat in a C6? The fit and finish of the interior is terrible for a car in its price range. If the interior didn’t suck so bad in the C6 I’d probably be driving one instead of the S2k. I think its a great looking car, and the interior is an improvement but it still has not distanced itself from other crappy GM interiors.

We have potential to be the greatest country in the world when it comes to engineering and manufacturing, however, we are too focused on building at a price point instead of building premium products that demand a premium price. Compare Lincoln and Caddy to Lexus and Infiniti, or BMW and Audi, then there is no comparison, including the CTS.

Did you get your car running properly yet? ;D

Relax, i never called your SPECIFIC car shit, I said VW’s are…and pointing out that since you got that VW you got all :bowdown VW :bowdown and not so much for the Cobra, Your Cobra is nice…if i were you, i heard you wanted to sell the Cobra, i would sell the VW before i sold that thing.

No I have not. I just made my comments by eye. I’ve been in a C4 (yuck), numerious LS1/LT1 (yunk), and the C5 (Much better than C4; Great bang for buck; But, still lacks). The C6 at eye sight looks MUCH better. I’ll find out locally. I been wanting to drive one for a while. At least they are getting better? :slight_smile:

this kid speaks the truth! VWs FTL!!!

domestics are slowly getting better. i am completely in love with the new Ford Superduty interiors… gorgeous.

Every generation is getting better and better, the C6 is almost a good car. The steering is very numb and the interior is still not up to par, IMO. I’m curious what your impressions will be after driving one, they’ve got the speed down, now they need to refine it.

The C6 is head and shoulders better than the C5, but it still doesnt remotely resemble a $50-70k car.

A vast majority of domestic interiors feel and look like absolute cheap garbage. Honda/Toyota/Benz/Audi/BMW/etc are great.

iirc terminator> New Edge… even dave will tell ya this. but a helion kit on a new edge would be sick

like i said before… vw’s are not shit. its a hit or miss with them. buying used is even worse. with all the vw’s i’ve had, i’ve had no major shit break… most i had to replace is an o2 sensor… its a modded car whaddya expect.

I love the C5 because it can be had for $15-$20K in mint condition. Would I ever buy a C6 for full MRSP? Never.

I’m curious as well. I can swindle someone down here into letting me take it for a spin.

The domestics are getting better? Good Lord, they must have sucked really bad before… I didn’t see much at the NYC Auto Show. Hell, Ford even brought back the Taurus. Talk about failure. :lol

dude u r so all over the amp it’s not even funny!!! you’ll do anything u can to start the whole imports domestic dispute, it’s not even funny.

personally there is NOt one import that would consider. interior exterior what ever.
call me simple i’ll stick with my domestic.