12 point 30 mm impact socket (rochester)

12 point 30 mm impact socket - needed to remove / install BMW output shaft (axle).

will buy or borrow – the closer to henrietta the better.

thanks.

Autozone should have this for free rental.

orly? will give them a call… I didn’t think they would loan sockets.

They loan the giant mother f’ers. Don’t expect to go in and borrow a 10mm or anything.

Found out when I was doing a ball joint on the Expedition and went in to borrow their ball joint press. I was planning on getting a cheap giant socket from HF but saw the one I needed on their tool rental sheet. Pretty much the only reason I still get some parts from them instead of rockauto.com is to support such a cool tool loan program.

If I had more pull at Holtz I might have been able to get someone to let you borrow one. but I havent worked there in years and I doubt anyone will remember me. Especially at service when I worked in the body shop. lol

Wouldnt hurt to ask if autozone doesnt have one…

why not just go to harbor frieght or sears or something. Or if you are a baller the Snap on truck comes on friday to Henrietta. Dave Green is the snap on guy for Henrietta 585-455-4558.

both autozone and advanced only have 6 point… will check HF next.

Are you sure it’s 30? I looked up mine and was told it was a 36 only to find out it was a 46. If a 1-3/16 socket doesn’t work, it’s bigger.

no luck with HF… sears is up next?

Do you really need 12pt?

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=40120-1074-22530&lpage=none&cm_mmc=search_gps--gps--gps-_-Kobalt%201/2%22%20Drive%2012-Point%20Socket%20-%2030mm

^ Says my local store has it. Not impact though but I doubt you’d break a 30mm 1/2 drive.

yes, must be 12 point… sears and lowes both have them - but non impact. I might just get the non-impact if all else fails.