+12V Accessory?

What exactly is this? Can someone give me an example.

For my recently purchased Turbo Timer, it says that the blue wire has to be attached to +12V Accessory. Could this just be like the lighter or something?

Thanks in advance.

I am pretty sure that this means that they want you to connect that blue wire with a constant 12 volt (positive of coarse) power supply. Probably to keep your timer settings saved in it’s memory. This is much like the power antenna wire on your stereo, where as the blue wire is for your clock and presets (constant power supply=power even when you turn the key to the off position and pull it out of the ignition).

I hope this helps out and good luck man!

TheoK

It’s the circuit that’s powered when your key is in “accessory” position. I think the lighter only works in the “on” position. Radio and wipers work while key is in “accessory”. I can’t think of anything else right now off the top of my head.

Okay all is good except now I need +12V Ignition (I used the wrong wire). And not something that’s switched. I mean the actual Ignition wire. Like if you were to hot wire a car, you’d mess with this wire. The Ignition wire.

12v+ Accessory provides 12v+ only when your car is in ACC Mode on the KEY.

This should help :wink:

12 VOLTS white + ignition harness
STARTER 1 black/white + ignition harness
STARTER 2 black/yellow + ignition harness
IGNITION 1 black/red + ignition harness
ACCESSORY 1 blue + ignition harness

POWER LOCK orange/black F driver’s kick panel To operate, open (cut) the org/blk wire and the doors will lock, pulse the same wire to ground and the doors unlock.
POWER UNLOCK same wire F To operate, open (cut) the org/blk wire and the doors will lock, pulse the same wire to ground and the doors unlock.

PARKLIGHTS POSITIVE red/blue + back of dash dimmer
PARKLIGHTS NEGATIVE -
HEADLIGHT grn/yel, grn/blue + steering column
BRAKE red/green + brake pedal switch

DOOR PIN red/white - courtesy light
TRUNK PIN red - sw. or light in trunk

TACH yellow/red ecm pass. kick panel
LEFT FRONT UP/DWN green, blue driver’s door switch
RIGHT FRONT UP/DWN red/white, red/black dr. door or kick panel

HORN green/white - steering column
WIPER lt. green/red - steering column

RADIO 12V red/black + radio
RADIO SWITCH blue + radio
RADIO ILLUMINATION red/blue + radio
POWER ANTENNA black/red + radio
LEFT FRONT SPEAKER brn/wht - brown radio
RIGHT FRONT SPEAKER blu/wht - blu/yel radio
LEFT REAR SPEAKER purple - pink radio
RIGHT REAR SPEAKER red - green radio

Holy, thanks a ton adam.

Alright a couple questions now (TT= Turbo Timer).

So I can connect the TT’s +12V Constant to the 12V white wire on the ignition harness?

Then I can connect the TT’s +12V Ignition to the black/red wire on the ignition harness?

Then I can connect the TT’s +12V Accessory to the blue wire on the ignition harness?

Yeah man, That’s all Correct.

Please Solder all your Connections and Tape them up Tight.

Someone should make this a “How-To” and move it there…this could be useful to many i’m sure.

• Moved to FAQ and How To

cool i was lookin for this info too

thanks