The package says only this:

L.E.D to hook up for alarm protection
Wiring option 1 with alarm system
Red=+12 constant batt
Yellow= Do not use
Black=To alarm accessory output

<b>Wiring option 2 without alarm system</b>
          Red=+12 constant batt.
          Yellow=+12 V igntion (grounded when motor is off)
          Black=Ground.

WHere do i find yellow for wiring option 2.
          +12 Ignition 

Im not wiring it to the alarm because Im gonna leave the Red L.E.D In connected because it works fine, all im doing is adding this second Blue one… So ill be using option #2.

Red = Splice into Stereo Deck +12V?
Yellow= Where the heck is +12V Ignition (And do i splice it into it?)
Black= Duh! Ground…

TIA Guys…

Why don’t you hook the blue led to same wires that the red one is hooked up to? It’s probably the easiest way. The 12V ignition wire requires you to take off the steering column cover I beleive.

Tried it :evil:. Didnt work… And yah i know the ignition wire is there, no problem, but which one is it!! :?:

Read this for some info.

http://forums.son240sx.ca/viewtopic.php?t=1476&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=ignition+wire

Hrmmmm, Seems that it doesnt quite make sense?
They’re saying you can use the red power wire from deck as 12V ignition if i read it correctly? But it doesn’t make sense… Does that get constant power? This is an L.E.D that is supposed to go on only when car is off.
The deck doesn’t get power when the car is off, and even if it does, that would be the 12V+ Constant I need, not ignition???

red is 12v constant I beleve and the yellow is your ignition

Excellent, Thanks Man! Ill try it after work tommorow 8)

Only problem is that any +12V ignition source you find is not going to be grounded when the car is off.

I think the way you will have to do it is:
black = ground
red = +12V source that is on when the car is off. (Hook up a relay in reverse using ignition).

Weird…
I just installed a deck in my silvia last night and Yellow was constant power for the memory and red was Acc/On power…

hmmmmmmm
I could be tripping out, hahaha I have not been in the intall bay in a little while, hmmmmmmmmmm

[quote=“Sven”]

Only problem is that any +12V ignition source you find is not going to be grounded when the car is off.

I think the way you will have to do it is:
black = ground
red = +12V source that is on when the car is off. (Hook up a relay in reverse using ignition).[/quote]

Doesn’t work. Tried it. Thanks though…
I need to get this stupid thing working… Jeez. 3 wires, 1000’s of hassles :lol:

if it is that retarted, so to the burlington futureshop tomorrow and go to the install bay. Mark Vanderburg should be in there. he should be able to help you out.
tell him that Matt Benson (the retard from oakville) sent you.

Doesn’t work. Tried it. Thanks though…
I need to get this stupid thing working… Jeez. 3 wires, 1000’s of hassles :lol:[/quote]

You didn’t try hard enough. No way that won’t work if you did it right.
Does the light go on if you hook up black to ground and red to +12v ? (Use your battery).

If so, my method will work. If not, that light is f0xored.

do the first method. The accessory output on the alarm should still be empty. Just do that.

Here is how it works, I will explain it so that you can understand it rather than just guessing. The red wire goes to the battery, or a source of power that’s on all the time. This is what powers up the LED. The yellow wire is attached to a Transistor inside which is simply a signal to tell it when the car is off so it can begin to flash. The black is ground. Attach the black wire to the chassis of the car, not a wire you suspect is a ground - be on the safe side and attach it to a screw that goes into a metal part of the car. For the power wires you have 2 options, find your own or use the car stereo. If you use the car stereo, this LED has opposite wiring than the standard stereo color code. On your car stereo yellow is power all the time and red comes on when you turn the key on. So to do it correctly you will wire red to yellow and yellow to red according to Option 2 you mentioned above. Otherwise you can find your own, for example attach the red to the pozitive terminal of your battery and yellow to the middle pin of your Cig lighter since it turns off when you turn off the car. Be careful if you want to go with option 2 using your alarm accessory output because sometimes that output will have to be programmed for correct polarity (+/-) and correct state ie high when armed or low when armed.
Hope this makes it a bit more clear - and a test light or multimeter would make your life a hell of alot easier!

Thanks for all the help guys!
Hopefully I nail it tommorow…
Ill let you know.