wiring a alarm

my car had a stock alarm before its a 1989 and i got another alarm and want to install it if sum1 has a wiring diagarm or if i can just plug it into the stock harness i would like to know… thanks

wtf

Your posts make my head hurt.

i need to know how to install it… makes my head hurt when i sit there confused with hella wires in my hands

12 VOLTS white + ignition harness
STARTER 1 black/white + ignition harness
STARTER 2 black/yellow + ignition harness
IGNITION 1 black/red + ignition harness
ACCESSORY 1 blue + ignition harness

POWER LOCK orange/black F driver’s kick panel To operate, open (cut) the org/blk wire and the doors will lock, pulse the same wire to ground and the doors unlock.
POWER UNLOCK same wire F To operate, open (cut) the org/blk wire and the doors will lock, pulse the same wire to ground and the doors unlock.

PARKLIGHTS POSITIVE red/blue + back of dash dimmer
PARKLIGHTS NEGATIVE -
HEADLIGHT grn/yel, grn/blue + steering column
BRAKE red/green + brake pedal switch

DOOR PIN red/white - courtesy light
TRUNK PIN red - sw. or light in trunk

TACH yellow/red ecm pass. kick panel
LEFT FRONT UP/DWN green, blue driver’s door switch
RIGHT FRONT UP/DWN red/white, red/black dr. door or kick panel

HORN green/white - steering column
WIPER lt. green/red - steering column

RADIO 12V red/black + radio
RADIO SWITCH blue + radio
RADIO ILLUMINATION red/blue + radio
POWER ANTENNA black/red + radio
LEFT FRONT SPEAKER brn/wht - brown radio
RIGHT FRONT SPEAKER blu/wht - blu/yel radio
LEFT REAR SPEAKER purple - pink radio
RIGHT REAR SPEAKER red - green radio
(thank Shift_ka24det) How ever in my 89 there were two wires for the doorlocks ground which ever and it will do sumthin…Ie if i ground #1 they lock…if i ground #2 they unlock :smiley: As for ur doorpins and trunk pins go right from the lights…provided the interiour light and trunk light work and ull need a hoodpin for the hood if ur that extreme. Always test your wires with a DVM(digital volt meter) NEVER a test light they will screw ur sh!t up. My alarm was hell…38 wires total :shock: but uve seen it before it does everything for me :wink: Even opens my windows for summer :smiley: GL…u’ll need it

Ohh yea…factory alarm…? Never knew they came with one…yet alone a aftermarket alarm that plugs into a factory alarm…Very unlikley. This is not plug and play… :cry: Its my geusse one of the previous owners put in a alarm.
-Devin

You Sir are welcome for that Information.

In regards to a Factory Alarm That option was only available starting from
1995. You defiantly have an aftermarket alarm in there and with spelling
and grammar like that I highly recommend you get it professionally installed.

hahah i rather install it myself so i know how in case i ever have to do it again… its a aftermarket alarm tho i wasnt sure its hella fricken old tho lol… anyway thanks for the info

someone should sticky that wire info if its not already

yeah there was no real factory alarm until 95, and that one still sucks ass, but there were dealers installing alarms at the time i was able to find listings for dealer installed security packages in soem old brocures… but i bet you don’t have that…

also they must have been doign cd changers…cause i’ve seen 2-3 coupes with the same “antique” 12disc changer my car had it it before… installed the exact same way which came from the same dealer as my own car…

It should be stickied in FAQ section.